Battery issues

RMARRHEMI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I hope someone else has had this issue and can help me out here. My 06 QC is eating batteries. I have put 5 new batteries in it since last summer. Dealer cant figure it out and I am at a loss. anyone had this and fixed it please let me know. Getting tired of spending money on it. HELP!!!!thanks in advance.

Your Dealer is Clueless and you need to find one that knows better, Like Andy, or a shop that does Auto Electrical and understands the Can Bus system in your 06.

Its not related to our trucks but I had this happen to me on an old F body. I was killing batteries. It turns out a light in the arm compartment would not cut off due to a worn switch. I pulled the bulb and that took care of that.

There is obviously a draw somewhere, the hard part is figuring out where though as it could literally be anything. I hate electrical problems. Best of luck.

At least slap a volt meter on your battery and tell us where you're at with it. We Need
Voltage at rest, running & running with every electrical accessory you have turned on.
When it's running rev the engine to about 2,500 r. p.m. See if that changes the reading. The first thing you need to figure out is, is it overcharging?
If you don't have a volt meter it's time to buy one

You need to find a new mechanic. parasitic draw and charging voltage would be two places to start.

Being an 06 and their problematic TIPM is be looking there. Check your cluster codes as well as any dtc codes.

Buy batteries with warranty:D Just kidding let me know the outcome I have an 0
Thewelshm

I found Andy's Baby Picture....

12037989_1122943514417424_2617324024568619524_n.jpg

I changed the Tipm already. I have put 4 batteries in it in the last about 2 years. batteries have full warranties so I did not pay for any of them. I started disconnecting things and still haven't found the problem. The dealer has no clue what is happening with my truck. They put a new sunroof in and did not reprogram the computer for the sunroof. The service manager told me oh well we will have to reprogram the computer to reset set the opening sequence. I am so sick of this truck and all the issues I am having with it. Every time I turn around it another electrical problem or something else breaking.

So the truck never had a problem until they installed a sunroof?

Need to disconnect it and see if that is the problem, they had to splice into somewhere to get the power for it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back