Battery Problem

sgt_bo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have been on business for 6 weeks now, and my pregnant girlfriend has only started my truck once. the second time she tried to start nothing. It would chim (as the key was in ingition) no start. My buddy jumped it, started and drove around the block on this past sunday. Girlfriend goes out to start the truck today and nothing. just chimes as the key is in it again.

I have a 4000 watt stereo with monitors and alarm system. Does it sound like the battery is going dead and it might just need to be driven for more than 10 minutes around the neighborhood.

I was thinking about a yellow top aptima battery to put it in for the crankin power and the stereo I have. Any suggestions...

Also, anyone in the Treasure Island/Tampa area. I will be on vacation there from 19 April - 23 April. I wont have my truck, but will be looking for something to do at night those days. Was thinking about watching the Rays play a game of Baseball.

Let me know if anyone is in the area.

thanks
Bo

Sounds like it needs to be charged a little longer. Have someone put a batt/alt. checker on it and make sure the altenator is putting out enough. Good Luck.

Bo, where you been and howthehellareyou?? Haven't seen a post from you in a while, was afraid you had ducked out on us.

I will check it out this weekend, I am currently in Washington state on business, 6 weeks in one spot on business really freaking sucks. At least I am not paying for GAS.. lol

Just been busy with the baby on the way, since sept I think i have only been home like a month total. The girlfriend likes me to pay attention to her when I get home from work and not the computer, i guess that is why I have a little one on the way.. :) And it is going to be a BOY.... so I gotta keep the truck now.. :)

sgt_bo said:
Just been busy with the baby on the way, since sept I think i have only been home like a month total. The girlfriend likes me to pay attention to her when I get home from work and not the computer, i guess that is why I have a little one on the way.. :) And it is going to be a BOY.... so I gotta keep the truck now.. :)

Congratulations, Bo!!!

I was having the same prob. also,I think its from the alarm,because before the alarm it never did it,and after it sits for a couple weeks the alarm slowly eats up the batt,Yellow top optima definatly wouldn't be a bad idea for sure,wouldn't hurt.

congrats on the yungun:rock:

I cannot stress this enough if you let your truck sit any length of time you need a battery tender, it provides a 1/2 amp continuosly and they can be had cheaply at wally world.

your battery is probably toast, more than likely a dead cell, but even the best batteries will go bad jsut sitting, get a tender

Mine would do that too... only would last about 1-2 weeks at best... there is a small drain someplace in the system... I replaced the battery it helped but did not solve the problem.

sgt_bo said:
Ok, I have been on business for 6 weeks now, and my pregnant girlfriend has only started my truck once. the second time she tried to start nothing. It would chim (as the key was in ingition) no start. My buddy jumped it, started and drove around the block on this past sunday. Girlfriend goes out to start the truck today and nothing. just chimes as the key is in it again.

I have a 4000 watt stereo with monitors and alarm system. Does it sound like the battery is going dead and it might just need to be driven for more than 10 minutes around the neighborhood.

I was thinking about a yellow top aptima battery to put it in for the crankin power and the stereo I have. Any suggestions...

Also, anyone in the Treasure Island/Tampa area. I will be on vacation there from 19 April - 23 April. I wont have my truck, but will be looking for something to do at night those days. Was thinking about watching the Rays play a game of Baseball.

Let me know if anyone is in the area.

thanks
Bo

Yeah...I am 15 minutes from TI/Tampa, and the Ray's play in the City I work for...let me know, and I can look into ticket's.Admin sometimes give's them away, I can call and let them know I am interested in a few. Ray's should have some decent pitching this year.:rock: PM me for contact info.

like stanky finger says battery tender, mine was dead the other day. blew up my manual fuel pressure guage when i jumped it off...lol

battery tender, you need atleast 14volts to turn the crank. so the stereo could come on and A/C and it wont start. Best advice would be Battery tender, and a new battery

Thanks guys I will look at the truck this weekend when i get home. I appreciate the information. I know I can always rely on this group to give good information.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back