battery question

VegasViper

Reaction score
I had to pull my battery out of my truck a few weeks ago to find that it was cracked and leaked acid on the frint of the truck melting the paint. Now I cant find the battery size to get a new one. I should have checked before getting rid of the old one but I was just too pissed about my paint at the time. Can someone check the size for me, and are there any suggestions for something less expensive than the optima that can handle the Las Vegas stupid heat?

Go to your local parts store, they will give you the right one. Stay above 650 cold cranking amps.

VegasViper said:
I was hoping to know the correct group size before going to the store. I like to do price checking and comparison before driving around.
Find a Interstate battery dealer and have them hook you up with the megatron series....My local audio guy and battery supplier swears by them for durability dependency and I live in S. Florida where it's hotter than a nutsack

I added a Red Optima with the spacer provided, in both of my trucks.

I went to Sears and bought the Platinum Battery. Go to Sears.com and put in info and go buy it.

Bone said:
I added a Red Optima with the spacer provided, in both of my trucks.
same here:rock:

if its in the budget, that Odyssey battery looks to be a badass battery

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Odyssey # 65-PC1750T

Last edited:
i too vouch for interstate. very good quality made batterys. i have one in my 96 ram that has lasted 7 years so far and no signs of failing

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back