Battery Relocation; Cons and Pros?

Blakewilder said:
With all that stereo in the back your gonna have plenty of weight in the back. That weight will kill you in your 1/4 times.....its too much. You must have a good 5-600 lbs back there.

I'd say its under 400 and not only that, this truck will see more show than track by far. So I'm not really worried about it, if I eventually get my truck up to 1500 HP or higher then who cares anyway. And besides, theres always gonna be somebody out there who has 1501 HP if I have 1500 so I'm not worried about trying to have the fastest thing out there anyway.

The main thing I'm concerned with is to compensate for the extra weight I've acquired and then some so I can keep face when somebody wants me to open it up on the road. Although I barely notice any, if any at all real difference with the extra weight back there. It feels gimped to begin with with the stock comp settings.

I'm not looking to hit 1500 HP for a while, still gotta get this house we're building up and out of the way.
My thinking is that once I get my truck back from houston sometime hopefully soon, I'll haul it up to Boomer's shop and have a few basic things done, maybe get the paxton, maybe just get some ground work going like headers and exhaust and flash, but that'll be stage 1 and then I can focus on the next step later.

Often though I have a warm fuzzy thought of owning a R/C on top of my current one to do specifically for race build. But I've got my 300ZX to beat around untill I can afford such a nice ideal. In reality I think I'd almost rather have a R/C as a second vehicle to race and slide around in than a viper or lotus. they're all sexy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back