BB headers installed: steering clearance issue

NSDQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with their BB headers not clearing the steering knuckle? Got mine on last night and when we finished and pulled the truck out of the garage the bolt right at the knuckle was scraping up against one of the flanges and causing me to not be able to turn left or right. We ended up having to smooth out a groove to allow the bolt to clear so my steering wheel will turn. I didn't recall ever reading that this was an issue.

Yeah it's an issue with some headers bro. Not many have B&B so not many reports but its happened in other brands as well. :chain:

Im thinking the gear box has some pretty generous holes in it so that it could be moved over a **** hair so that it wouldnt hit, but overall pretty easy install for the factory manifolds having 125k on them

Im thinking the gear box has some pretty generous holes in it so that it could be moved over a **** hair so that it wouldnt hit, but overall pretty easy install for the factory manifolds having 125k on them

Thanks for everything man. That was a fun 12 hours lol

I have an 06 QC with the BB's & had no problem with the install or since the install. Knock on wood. Good Luck.

Hey bro I had B&B headers on my truck and never had any clearance issues...do you have any pics you could post?

I have an 04 and I had the same issue. First ride out freshly powdercoated ! i had to dent the tube a bit for the required clearance!

I also had an issue, it put dent in my primary as well. My issue was the head of the bolt rubbed, so I ground about 3/16" off and reinstalled.

I also had an issue, it put dent in my primary as well. My issue was the head of the bolt rubbed, so I ground about 3/16" off and reinstalled.

yep exact issue I'm having. I'll post a pic this week. could vary from truck to truck depending on the position of your steering rack. Some could have shifted over time ever so slightly.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back