BBK Throttle Body Ordered

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found one in stock at $399. Can't post up where, lest I face the wrath of Bob (again).:D You can, however, PM me.

Will be doing a comparo next time out to the dyno.

;)

LOLOL once again:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ram From Hell said:
Just found one in stock at $399. Can't post up where, lest I face the wrath of Bob (again).:D You can, however, PM me.

;)
I was looking for this thread, it magically reappeared! Thanks OC Bob! Members first! :rock:

joemags54 said:
I was looking for this thread, it magically reappeared! Thanks OC Bob! Members first! :rock:

Yeah, I respect that decision.

If this TB returns the results on my rig as we've been told, I might have to talk Tony into getting a group buy together (haven't seen anyone else interested in doing so). We could use a forum vendor who will sell them minus the Viper tax. Not that I have anything against making a profit, but who doesn't want to save a few bucks for important things like beer.:D

:rock:

one has been started in the DC Performance thingie

did ya figure out the belt prob????

Ram From Hell said:
Yeah, I respect that decision.

If this TB returns the results on my rig as we've been told, I might have to talk Tony into getting a group buy together (haven't seen anyone else interested in doing so). We could use a forum vendor who will sell them minus the Viper tax. Not that I have anything against making a profit, but who doesn't want to save a few bucks for important things like beer.:D

:rock:

It may take a week or so, but if I get the dealer status bro, you know i will sir:rock:

I think they will, jack and I went over this months ago with a different idea tho.
if you remove your throttle body, and look inside, when the air rushes in , it basically hits a wall, and the air is not divided properly.
Our idea was to incorporate a divider into the single blade throttle body to give the air some type of division to each side.

BBK jsut did the job for us:rock:

Ram From Hell said:

;)
Thanks again Ram From Hell, please keep us posted on your results. There has been many claims to TB increases in HP. Just looking for the most factual!:) I've looked at the dyno sheet on the website and it looks like just under 9 hp increase. Does anybody else come up with that?

Last edited:
Stinker said:
I think they will, jack and I went over this months ago with a different idea tho.
if you remove your throttle body, and look inside, when the air rushes in , it basically hits a wall, and the air is not divided properly.
Our idea was to incorporate a divider into the single blade throttle body to give the air some type of division to each side.

BBK jsut did the job for us:rock:

I'm not so sure that's where the performance increase is coming in. The divider in the intake isn't any worse than the floor of your basic 4bbl intake manifold plenum (The factory intake blows for air distribution between cylinders anyway.). Perhaps when I dyno test that TB on my engine with the Hogan's intake (which has no divider at all) we'll see if the same gains are achieved.

I get the feeling that it's more a matter of better air metering/management than anything else. Reports of better off-idle response and lack of surging that were noted with the single blade seem to point that direction. If I'm not mistaken, having too large of a TB can be as much of a problem on EFI as having too large of a carb on a traditional setup. My 14-71 blown EFI 468 ran much better on the street when the air outlet from the scoop was necked down by about half. I think I read that the single blade TB would still be best for max flow at high RPM, but that the twin 67mm is better everywhere else.

In Lt1's bbk sold a airfoil, a splitter for the throttle body....................................... and it worked. Maybe they believe it will work here too.

Ram From Hell said:
I'm not so sure that's where the performance increase is coming in. The divider in the intake isn't any worse than the floor of your basic 4bbl intake manifold plenum (The factory intake blows for air distribution between cylinders anyway.). Perhaps when I dyno test that TB on my engine with the Hogan's intake (which has no divider at all) we'll see if the same gains are achieved.

I get the feeling that it's more a matter of better air metering/management than anything else. Reports of better off-idle response and lack of surging that were noted with the single blade seem to point that direction. If I'm not mistaken, having too large of a TB can be as much of a problem on EFI as having too large of a carb on a traditional setup. My 14-71 blown EFI 468 ran much better on the street when the air outlet from the scoop was necked down by about half. I think I read that the single blade TB would still be best for max flow at high RPM, but that the twin 67mm is better everywhere else.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................I MAY have an X-Metal TB for sale after all.:D

if someone shows me a good dyno for this i will buy one asap ,,but i would like to see the proof first,,

yep they will as soon as BBK gets it to where the cruise control cable will hook up.
& if i read correctly what ever is needed for the auto. on the QC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back