Be cautious of PermaStar Coating

Hope it works out for you bro... Your truck is pristine and deserves to have the correct looking wheels on it.

your a much more forgiving person than I am ...well at least in this situation....to me they should have redone em all for free no questions asked...where has CS gone.....usually I cant even talk to a person whenever I call to complain :)

Holly Shit!
I just saw the pic.
Here's what you do.......send him a link to this thread, let him watch his business going down the drain.
Word of mouth is a powerful think...:D

Quick

They are starting on the wheels immediately. I will report back on the overall quality once they are returned. I'm hoping that a stellar job will overshadow the fact that I paid for them....again.

Do you have a better option, Tony? I'm sorry if I've been ignorant to a alternative... but, I am. :eek: Is there someone else that does plating you would recommend (chrome or otherwise)?

not at all man, Ron lives pretty close, with his new job we dont talk as much as we used to , but I love giving him a hard time about his rims, he has had permastar I think its four times? everytime something has happened to them

once I think the first set got scratched, the second set I think a rock chip, the third I think the tire guy nicked or something, now this,

I told him he is just cursed, I would give up LOL, just get chrome RON!!!!!!

I also was on of the early customers of Permastar. I've got at least 80K miles on them now. I had to have one redone as a tire guy clamped the rim so hard it dented. I've always felt the coating came out great and has held up better than I ever expected.

That said I went out and double checked my rims....looking closely at the tire/rim junction. In the sunlight and while down on all fours I can see a slight change in the finish color. I thought for sure it was the reflection of the black tire but using a white sheet of paper you can tell there is a slight change.

This doesn't change my opinion of the coating nor do I think I would be hesitant to send another set to them, however, I'm hoping you just happen to get a bad example and your redo works to your satisfaction. On the other hand their response to you definitely raises some questions.

I also was on of the early customers of Permastar. I've got at least 80K miles on them now. I had to have one redone as a tire guy clamped the rim so hard it dented. I've always felt the coating came out great and has held up better than I ever expected.

That said I went out and double checked my rims....looking closely at the tire/rim junction. In the sunlight and while down on all fours I can see a slight change in the finish color. I thought for sure it was the reflection of the black tire but using a white sheet of paper you can tell there is a slight change.

This doesn't change my opinion of the coating nor do I think I would be hesitant to send another set to them, however, I'm hoping you just happen to get a bad example and your redo works to your satisfaction. On the other hand their response to you definitely raises some questions.

As I mentioned before, I have been extremely happy with the results of the previous sets that I sent them. I never saw the discoloration that that these had. I'm not sure if Tony remembers, but he was able to see the burgandy color as well. My wife even pointed it out. So I know if she saw it, it was rather obvious.

The truck has been completely painted, and hopefully by the time it is put back together, the wheels will show up looking just as good. At this point, I'm tired of thinking about wheels, and ready to think exhaust.

it was kinda cool...................if you had burgandy stripes on your truck:D

ya'll would have to know Ron also, I would imagine he hasnt slept in about 4 days over this:aetsch:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
not at all man, Ron lives pretty close, with his new job we dont talk as much as we used to , but I love giving him a hard time about his rims, he has had permastar I think its four times? everytime something has happened to them

once I think the first set got scratched, the second set I think a rock chip, the third I think the tire guy nicked or something, now this,

I told him he is just cursed, I would give up LOL, just get chrome RON!!!!!!

Damn... I was hoping there was a better choice....

Damn... I was hoping there was a better choice....

the permastar has a really cool shading look, personally I like chrome better, but they both look great, its got its own little nitch, its not black chrome, but well shaded is the best way to put it, dang stuff looks awesome! I was gonna do the chally wheels, but after all ron has been thru, no waaaaayyyyyy LOL

I really hope they aren't going to charge you for their mistake Ron. I didn't see the picture but I know I would not want to use them. Especially if the owner had the nerve to suggest you repay for the result you initially expected (like we all would) when you gave them your hard earned money. I agree with them learning that their business is on the verge of plummeting behind this. I have the mind now to send all four of my OEMs somewhere's else to get powdercoated together instead of chancing the one I need done to look less than parkay compared to the first three. And to answer your question, my first three look excellent without blemmishes. :dontknow:I wonder if they have new less experienced personnel.

ya'll would have to know Ron also, I would imagine he hasnt slept in about 4 days over this:aetsch:

i was thinking the same thing...

that...i wouldn't so much as want to bang one nail on his house...hell...i almost parked in the ditch across the street:D :D :D

hey, ron, i got a used magnaflow exhaust...free:p:p:p:p

i was thinking the same thing...

that...i wouldn't so much as want to bang one nail on his house...hell...i almost parked in the ditch across the street:D :D :D

hey, ron, i got a used magnaflow exhaust...free:p:p:p:p

bbbbwwwahahahahhahahaha ron is awesome man! an such a HOT WIFE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU HONEY , DONT FORGET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hot wife? :needpics:

wait...if ron doesn't bring her around....there must be something i'm missing...why am i still bringing alisha around you?? :p:p:p

he must know something i don't...might need to call him on that:D

wait...if ron doesn't bring her around....there must be something i'm missing...why am i still bringing alisha around you?? :p:p:p

LOLOL if i know ron he has a HUGE Smile on his face when he reads that LOLOL

He best be careful, I am gonna run off with that woman! why do you think he dont bring her to any gtg's??LOLOLOLOL

ding, ding, ding

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back