Bedding in them new pads

GILMO'S10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,ordered my perf pads from zeckhausen.I was reading the bed in process and wondered where in the hell am I going to go and do this?Do a series of 8 near stops from 60 to 10.WTF!!Maybe the interstate at 2 in the morning!Checking to see what other guys have done and any tips you can give me.Thanks in advance.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :p

My first time really bedding them was coming to a stop from 130 mph on a road course a few weekends ago. I did some local driving around town, not enough to really bed the brakes I guess.

Headed down the straight at a road course in Pueblo at 130 mph, needed to brake pretty hard before a long turn one sweeper, and the pedal just kept going to the floor, I'm like these EBC's really suck if this is what I get.

Well, next lap I gradually push in the brakes and they were much much better.

So, I'd say go somewhere and do several 60-0 stops pretty hard, that should get them set. Hopefully others will chime in if there is an official way to do it.

Look for an indrustrial area. They usually have pretty long roads that have limited traffic.

I went out to a road in middle of nowhere (right down the street from me) at about 10:30 at night and was able to get mine bedded. I still have a little squeak so I will bed them again.

amtrucker22 said:
I went out to a road in middle of nowhere (right down the street from me) at about 10:30 at night and was able to get mine bedded. I still have a little squeak so I will bed them again.

good ideas, thanks.What kind of pads you have on?still squeking!?
That just aint right!!!!:D

wont grow old said:
good ideas, thanks.What kind of pads you have on?still squeking!?
That just aint right!!!!:D
Zeckhausen. I really need to bed them better. I can tell you this... Night and day difference on the brake dust!

Paul

wont grow old said:
Hey,ordered my perf pads from zeckhausen.I was reading the bed in process and wondered where in the hell am I going to go and do this?Do a series of 8 near stops from 60 to 10.WTF!!Maybe the interstate at 2 in the morning!Checking to see what other guys have done and any tips you can give me.Thanks in advance.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :p
the instructions are necessary to properly bed those brake pads...... find a long rural road....:D

amtrucker22 said:
Zeckhausen. I really need to bed them better. I can tell you this... Night and day difference on the brake dust!

Paul

thats what I am looking for!!!LESS DUST!!!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back