Been off work for 4 months

blk6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been on unemployment for four long months,all the long nights on how to stay above the potential loss of my home,my family and the well being of us all.should I try keep/sell my truck to maybe keep us going for the short term.
I got a call from my employer today around noon,asked me if I wanted the good or bad news first?I said bad,well the bad news was my employer has fired three individuals for various reasons,the good news is I go back to work tomorrow at 8 am,I feel good and bad,good that I am returning to work and also bad because I worked with and knew all three that were let go and what is ahead of them.
I would have rather have been recalled to the workforce for increased production instead of this way.It is a releif to be back to work though.:)

That's good news!
In life we all have our ups and downs.....that's what makes life so interesting!
If you were up all the time you wouldn't know the downs and when you're down you enjoy the ups that much more!

blk6spd said:
I have been on unemployment for four long months,all the long nights on how to stay above the potential loss of my home,my family and the well being of us all.should I try keep/sell my truck to maybe keep us going for the short term.
I got a call from my employer today around noon,asked me if I wanted the good or bad news first?I said bad,well the bad news was my employer has fired three individuals for various reasons,the good news is I go back to work tomorrow at 8 am,I feel good and bad,good that I am returning to work and also bad because I worked with and knew all three that were let go and what is ahead of them.
I would have rather have been recalled to the workforce for increased production instead of this way.It is a releif to be back to work though.:)

man has to do what a man has to do ,,,to take of of the home front ,,,i also learned the hard way employers are not loyal one stinking bit to long term employees anymore ,,,i would go back with a smile on my face and keep looking for a replacememnt job just in case !If they did it once they will do it again ,,,plus although you were freinds with the other guys ,remember when it comes time to sit at the dinner table looking at a pile of bills you cant pay ,,,them guys are nowhere to be found .:D

the guy who owns the company i worked for for over 15 years told everyone that he planned on calling as many back as he could in 3 to 4 months ,,but if anyone filed for unemployment payments they would be on bottom of the list to be called back ,,,needless to say many walked out !

Last edited:
been claiming unemployment for 6 months now..... and just started school... i'm looking at it that its just time to start over

Tooloe said:
been claiming unemployment for 6 months now..... and just started school... i'm looking at it that its just time to start over

Thats what I did:eek:

Yeah, I've been back in school for about a year now. I'll be done in December. Unfortunately all the jobs have dried up. Not only that, but I'm now competing with the thousands of others that had the same idea. But all I can do is keep on trying I suppose.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back