Belt squeal

KyleB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My belt squeals like no other when I turn on the air, I plan on replacing it. but curious if I should replace the tensioner as well? Being a newb here, I wasn't sure if these where prone to going out? Truck only has 31k on it, but it is 10 years old.

Do they make a better than stock replacement? Worth the extra $?

From the sound of it, if your turning on your air which is cause the compressor clutch to engage and you have a squealing it sounds like your compressor is locking up and causing the squealing. I would say thats worse case scenario but worth checking into.

From the sound of it, if your turning on your air which is cause the compressor clutch to engage and you have a squealing it sounds like your compressor is locking up and causing the squealing. I would say thats worse case scenario but worth checking into.

Don't put that voodoo on me!

nah belt is definitely slipping, battery voltage drops all the way down when it happens. I can turn the air on at idle and drive, but turning it on while going down the road is the problem. I guess the instant shock that it puts on it is causing it to slip. Not an issue when I'm alone, but my g/f who is always cold will want the air off and unless I come to a stop I can't really cut it back on lol.

Of course if it already on, and I hammer on it, same thing, belt slip.

My belt squeals like no other when I turn on the air, I plan on replacing it. but curious if I should replace the tensioner as well? Being a newb here, I wasn't sure if these where prone to going out? Truck only has 31k on it, but it is 10 years old.

Do they make a better than stock replacement? Worth the extra $?

I wouldn't worry about looking for a "better than stock replacement". Stock failures aren't common.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back