Best 48RE Builder near Greenville, SC

4DR VYPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, it's time for a performance rebuild for my trans. Who's the best, yet still won't break the bank, builder for the 48RE's near Greenville, SC? or should I go with replacement (Suncoast, ATS, Ramzilla, etc)? Opinions on what's the best route to go-I've got over 650rwhp.

Last edited:
if you are wanting somone that close to you to build your tranny, I would try the yellow pages

Doesn't have to be next door just not cross country. I was thinking not more than 3 or 4 hours away. Do you do trans builds too? I want to be able to drive it there and back. Still shifts and drives fine under normal driving conditions, just slips in 2nd under full throttle.

Doesn't have to be next door just not cross country. I was thinking not more than 3 or 4 hours away. Do you do trans builds too? I want to be able to drive it there and back. Still shifts and drives fine under normal driving conditions, just slips in 2nd under full throttle.

trust me bo, ddint mean to come off like a goob, but busy trying to get an engine back in the saddle today, but I know alot of guys like to find something really close hence my suggestion, but my tranny builder had a death in t he family , I need to get with him on pauls tranny also, so let me see if he is back at the shop monday and will s hoot you a pm , now i have to run to chatanooga monday, but will call h im to se if he is there, and will shoot you a pm to let ya know,

If your willing to ship it out, HTS transmissions-Dusty Hawk is the answer, just look at his history on them, amazing guy and parts and pricing!! I have his parts and several others do too, with nothing but positive feedback!!

I have a guy that does great tranny work in tampa for all the diesel performance guys down here. Same 48RE tranny let me know if anyone is interested, he warranties his work.All these diesel guys down here are pushing 800-900 horses dont see why it wouldnt hold the power from our trucks....................

badassvpr said:
I have a guy that does great tranny work in tampa for all the diesel performance guys down here. Same 48RE tranny let me know if anyone is interested, he warranties his work.All these diesel guys down here are pushing 800-900 horses dont see why it wouldnt hold the power from our trucks....................

Who is this? I live in Tampa just curious :)

Friend of mine owns twisted metal off road and it his the go to guy for all of his dodge transmissions. going to bradenton track tomm. if you want to tag along

Friend of mine owns twisted metal off road and it his the go to guy for all of his dodge transmissions. going to bradenton track tomm. if you want to tag along

Have him join the forum and post up what he can do :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back