Best Adhesive for side panel

ram_vs_cougar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 QC and right behind the rear passenger door on the passenger side my panel is starting to get loose. From the looks of it, i dont think any screws are holding it on probably just some type of adhesive. Any its starting to get loose and i dont want to fall off while driving one day.

What is the best way to repair it?
Just pull it off and clean the area and re attach it?
Whats the best way to attach it and with what product?

Thanks for the info!!

On my RC the factory did use some adhesive. I use only 3M double sided tape. I sourced through my local Auto Body Paint Supplier. Be sure and preclean with alcohol or Wax and Grease remover. If you don't have any of that use standard Dawn dish soap.

There is another 3M product that is carried at radio shack... Its a double locking system, almost like velcro but crazy strong. You'll never worry about ur panel coming off again. The velcro looks like two hard sides that snap into themselves. They should come up as fasteners or something like that. Absolutely Amazing!!!

thay come with 3m on the top and a few screws on the bottom.

Oh ok thanks guys for the info. Probably will fix her up this weekend so i dont have to worry about it falling off on the highway. Yeah im talking about that little piece behind the rear passenger door. The last piece before the spacing between the cab and bed of the QC truck.

On my RC the factory did use some adhesive. I use only 3M double sided tape. I sourced through my local Auto Body Paint Supplier. Be sure and preclean with alcohol or Wax and Grease remover. If you don't have any of that use standard Dawn dish soap.

Are we talking regular rubbing Alcohol?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back