Best choice for Locked diff

allwayssideways

Reaction score
Hi guys

I would like to buy a lock diff fir my Reg Cab SRT 10.

I saw a lot of posts about all this stuff.

I would like to drive this year the drift chapionchip in europe with my truck. So I would be the first driver with over 2.5 tonne sideways.

Could you please let me know the best choice of diffs for this competition.

BUT it also should be drivable throught the city.

Cheers:D

Send a pm to Stinker and see if his Detroit Locker will fill the bill...not many of us here with drifting experience...your's will be of interest to many of us!

But if he goes with the axle provided by DTS that should work....no???

Roy

Thanks guys;)

yeah bo, we went miles andmile on this subject, the only course I found is a completly new axle setup, basically anythingyou want.

but if you go to my vendor section You will see the prices and so on on the dts axle set up.

Its the only thing we found bo

A Detroit locker would be great for drifting.

I have a Stinker rear end and love it..............

FSTJACK said:
A Detroit locker would be great for drifting.

I have a Stinker rear end and love it..............
My order should be in next week. I am excited to get a piece of the Stinker.

allwayssideways said:
Hi guys

I would like to buy a lock diff fir my Reg Cab SRT 10.

I saw a lot of posts about all this stuff.

I would like to drive this year the drift chapionchip in europe with my truck. So I would be the first driver with over 2.5 tonne sideways.

Could you please let me know the best choice of diffs for this competition.

BUT it also should be drivable throught the city.

Cheers:D

is it one can actually lock :dontknow: or a % slip you need ? don't know how much % we have stock ?

What about the the "true trac"? I know Detroit made a locker for the steer axle, but would still work for the rear! I might be wrong on the name, But I know it is far better then stock! oh its not a full locker! None or the ratching and so on. Do you know of this stinker? I would like one also.

The trucks coame with a traction lock, they also come with C clip axles.

Detroit Eaton does not make a Locker for the Dana 60 C clip axle rear end.

The traction loc has clutches and floaters that wear out in a short time if used hard. This increases the clearance between the spider & side gears. This increased clearance causes tooth breakage with aggressive use.

The locker is much stronger overall. It is a little noisy on the street but they usually do not brake.

The detroit true trac is a great alternative. We put one on my friends nova last year and it works great. It doesnt use clutches either, it seems to work just like the locker. I never really was able to findout if they had one avail for dana 60 with clip axles though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back