Best fluid for the t56...

I have the Royal Purple ATF in mine now, and I definitely hear the ticking at idle when the clutch is out. I never heard this until I switched so I know that's what caused it. I can't stand that sound, and its embarrassing when you pull up next to someone (if your in neutral and the clutch isn't depressed), or when your showing off your truck. I think on my next oil change, I'm gonna switch back over to something thicker/closer to stock. I'm not racing it really, just stoplight to stoplight fun. (or being in England, I should say from roundabout to roundabout) lol.

Be careful doing this, switching from a synthetic back to stock fluid can cause trouble. Make you you get and extra quart and flush some through it.

I had ATF (royal purple) and it didn't seem to like it, switched to the royal purple syncromesh fluid

Be careful doing this, switching from a synthetic back to stock fluid can cause trouble. Make you you get and extra quart and flush some through it.

Thank you! I probably haven't even put 1,000 on it since I switched from stock to the RP ATF, so I'll just change my oil and trans fluid asap.

I had ATF (royal purple) and it didn't seem to like it, switched to the royal purple syncromesh fluid

I was looking at that too, you have the 75-90? Its a tad bit cheaper to go that route seeing as it has the friction modifier in it already. The mopar crap is expensive and then adding the friction modifier...shit! Maybe I'll do the synchromesh instead...I'm just trying to get rid of that sound...lol

Well I did see only the one, and that's what it said, I just was making sure there wasn't another one out there I suppose. Thanks for the info!

***CORRECTION*** I was looking at the 75-90 Royal Purple gear oil....not doing that...going to go with the RP SynchroMAX....buying them now. I'll update later to report if the noise goes away at all.

Last edited:
Well I did see only the one, and that's what it said, I just was making sure there wasn't another one out there I suppose. Thanks for the info!

***CORRECTION*** I was looking at the 75-90 Royal Purple gear oil....not doing that...going to go with the RP SynchroMAX....buying them now. I'll update later to report if the noise goes away at all.

Cool, I was starting to think I missed something, I do have the RP gear oil in the diff though, went with 75-140 though figured it couldn't hurt since I'm a little hard on it

so mikeH, what was the result for the noise............................??

funny that Ma Mopar goes on and on about how you should only replace with GENUINE manufacturers parts as they are better in every way, shape and form but they went against the trans manufacturers specific caution on changing fluid do to damage.........................

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back