best place/price for clutch/flywheel?

In all honesty?..................I would call Gary leave hima message and get the complete kit. the centerforce clutch, aluminum flywheel, viper master and slave cylinder. The guys that put mine in didnt do it right so I called Roe, very disappointing , they had NO idea about anything I had questions on:confused: I called Gary asked left him a message, he got back to me in considerable time, told me how to fix their screw up and now all is well.

Call Gary at X-metal the complete kit is around $1500 or so i think.

Oh and I have abused it hard, and it still works great , time after time:D

we got the complete package in stock, the billet flywheel, centerforce, slave with spacer kit and master cylinder, all for $1550.
just let us know, if you cant reach me at the xmetal batman phone, Jody can take your order at 812-477-1740. or i would be glad to call you back and answer any questions you have. i have been swamped the past few weeks with supercharger/lowering kit installs, so i apologize for not being near the phone lately.
thanks-boomer

BOOMER said:
we got the complete package in stock, the billet flywheel, centerforce, slave with spacer kit and master cylinder, all for $1550.
just let us know, if you cant reach me at the xmetal batman phone, Jody can take your order at 812-477-1740. or i would be glad to call you back and answer any questions you have. i have been swamped the past few weeks with supercharger/lowering kit installs, so i apologize for not being near the phone lately.
thanks-boomer

Gary's an easy vendor to support!

The more sales that he can get that don't involve much of his time, the better. Means he spends more time on the cool stuff!:D

I can totally promise you, when I change my clutch I will call Gary. No question.

Bill.

i have only 3 thousand miles on my stock clutch and i can feeling it start slipping a little bit. what a let down, gary you will get a call from me over the next month or so probably

trw0042 said:
i have only 3 thousand miles on my stock clutch and i can feeling it start slipping a little bit. what a let down, gary you will get a call from me over the next month or so probably
I WILL BE HERE!
just let me know how i can help! i have the stuff in stock, so let me know!
thanks guys

trw0042 said:

Mine went up in smoke at 3k............not just slipping, but slipping and a smokin!!!!!

patrick

hey maui

how hard had you been on your stock clutch up to the 3000 mile point? Because i am curious, i havent even been hard on mine really, and its slipping, just curious thanks

I tend to think it is a hit-and-miss on how lucky you are with your clutches. Before I began my test's on the different clutches, I had the stock one for 5k miles. It has seen MANY MANY drag races, and some with full slicks! When we removed the clutch, to my surprise, they was A LOT of meat left. So, it all depends on how you drive. Do you rest your foot on the clutch pedal? Hows the hydraulics? Do you slip the clutch? Too many factors to really give a solid number on how many miles YOUR clutch will last....

Point being, aftermarket clutches will give you the best bang, but the aftermarket hydraulic components are really the ticket. All these components are available from our vendor / vendors (X-metal & Roe Racing)

Thank You

Patrick

trw0042 said:
how hard had you been on your stock clutch up to the 3000 mile point? Because i am curious, i havent even been hard on mine really, and its slipping, just curious thanks

Heh Dude,

I did about 24 runs at the track over a six month period with the last few slipping the clutch as I launched. Thats was finished her off. Bottom line, these clutch's blow dog bigtime!!!! All RC's will eventually need a new clutch period!!! Slipping em only speeds up the process.

The new replacement rocks bigtime!!

patrick

Got 7k out of mine....had it replaced before I was having issues.
Had who knows how many passes on it... probably about the same as Patrick :dontknow:
I had a few decent road trips in the truck as well, and it was my daily for the first 6 months I had her..... accounting for the higher miles on my stocker clutch vs his.
So mileage is a vague "measurement" at best.:D

The upgrade is so much better...your going to love it. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back