BG stage 2, 170 and fan question.

bigike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yall know that i got the bg stage 2. Well I installed the 170 t-stat today. There is no change in the temp.

Awhile ago I noticed that the fan was really loud and though it was a vacuum leak, it was hissing so loudly. Well now that i think of it, it hasn't been doing that.

At 200 deg it looks as if I could go and touch the fan and make it stop with my fingers..................................

the ps fluid is good.

Any opinions helpful.

sometimes the flash needs to be sent back and reflashed,the fan should be coming on at 170 and staying on

bigike said:
think bg would do that for free?
they should,the guy seems to be pretty cool,just tell him that the fan isnt coming on ,it wouldnt be the first time he had to reflash a pcm because of that

bigike said:
Ok yall know that i got the bg stage 2. Well I installed the 170 t-stat today. There is no change in the temp.

Awhile ago I noticed that the fan was really loud and though it was a vacuum leak, it was hissing so loudly. Well now that i think of it, it hasn't been doing that.

At 200 deg it looks as if I could go and touch the fan and make it stop with my fingers..................................

the ps fluid is good.

Any opinions helpful.

Reinstall your original flash to insure your fan is not the issue.
DC would have reflashed it if it was needed:dontknow:

Last edited:
Something is not right thats for sure. Definatly put in the stocker pcm and see how it works. With my DC stage two..................my temps have never been higher than 180/185 ish.

patrick

I bought my stage II from boomer.I think he gets his done by B&G.Mine runs
200'ish all day long.Also have the 170 t-stat.Talked to him awhile back about sending my unit back to have him get the fan to come on sooner.He said that he did not do that,but I should buy his fancy fan kit! Sure would like to get this beast to run a little cooler.Could I send this to B&G myself to get reprogrammed.? There has been alot of talk about what temp is the best.200 seems like a good operating temp.from what I have read on this great site.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Something is not right thats for sure. Definatly put in the stocker pcm and see how it works. With my DC stage two..................my temps have never been higher than 180/185 ish.

patrick

I think it has to do with who did your flash. Dc has theirs programmed to turn the fan on sooner.I sure would like to have mine that way.I have the stock pcm to use.I am not sure on getting my stage II updated?? Possible:dontknow: :dontknow:

bigike said:
BG does DC

Yes and no. DC starts with a BG flash then goes in and does their own thing. This is why DC Perf tunes are different than everybody elses. Besides the fan operation changes, DC also can turn off downstream sensors. Not sure if BG is capable of that.

patrick

Ok I installed the stock pcm at 200 it was still really slow until I brought the R's up to 1,200 then the fan took off.

Reinstalled the Stage 2, let it cool down, at 170ish the I brought her to 1,200 and the fan kicked on. So It's doing it's job, but the rpms must be up to provide sufficient flow to the hyd motor...............

Is that how all of y'all's works?

Or at Idle is your fan really sucking hard?

Might need a new Hyd motor or I may install a 16" t-stat controlled pusher infront of the condenser.

O crap yes, a lot of improvement

Fast enough to stomp on my SRT-8.

Although she did pull on me The other day, cheated, i didn't know we were racing until it was to late..................... (all on a closed track, by professionals) Of course.

Last edited:
went driving up and down hwy 6 today and truck stayed at 175 or less even at hwy 6 and i-10 were the red lite SUCKS,,takes forever in afternoon to get through there ,,,cant wait for the overpass to get done

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back