Big Problem

germany

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey,

i have a 2005 qc with sct tune. it drives allways good,and i can go with a little throttle and the gears shifts very smooth at 1500rpm if i will cruise.

now i have the lpg conversion installed,and my first test ride(on benzin) was horror. i have to go to 2800rpm for the shift point,and it is very hard,the same problem in 2.gear it must have 2800rpm to shift in 3.gear. from 3-4 gear it shifts by 1300 very smooth(i like it)

what can it be ? the intake manifold was down for the install.

first i thought the problem is the throttle cable,but thats all ok.

i habe no error code

any idea ?

You probably need to adjust the kick-down cable. It sounds like they adjusted it too tight.

blackviper said:
You probably need to adjust the kick-down cable. It sounds like they adjusted it too tight.

yup i agree! ceck the kick down cable

i have testet with other idle the cable,same problem

left is throttle cable,and right is kick down cable,thats right ?

here is a pic

Attachments

• IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    998.2 KB · Views: 90
yes,thats what i would said,we have it adjust a little bit in and out,but the problem still there.

Attachments

• IMG_3291.JPG
    IMG_3291.JPG
    860.8 KB · Views: 40
Sorry, I see you don't have a "red star" by your name. That means you aren't a Supporting Member (yet). You won't be able to see the link I posted.

..... Just this once ;) I'll copy it for you. :D Here you go:

ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE

1.Turn ignition switch to OFF position.
2.Remove air cleaner if necessary.
3.Disconnect cable end (3)(Throttle Valve Cable at Throttle Linkage) from attachment stud on throttle lever (1). Carefully slide cable off stud. Do not pry or pull cable off.
4.Verify that transmission throttle lever is in fully closed position. Then be sure lever on throttle body is at curb idle position.
5.Pry the T.V. cable lock (A) into the UP position. This will unlock the cable and allow for readjustment.
6.Apply just enough tension on the T.V. cable (B) to remove any slack in the cable. Pulling too tight will cause the T.V. lever on the transmission to move out of its idle position, which will result in an incorrect T.V. cable Adjustment.
7.Slide the sheath of the T.V. cable (D) back and forth until the centerlines of the T.V. cable end (B) and the throttle bell crank lever (C) are aligned within one millimeter (1mm).
8.While holding the T.V. cable in the set position push the T.V. cable lock (A) into the down position. This will lock the present T.V. cable adjustment.
NOTE: Be sure that as the cable is pulled forward and centered on the throttle lever stud, the cable housing moves smoothly with the cable. Due to the angle at which the cable housing enters the spring housing, the cable housing may bind slightly and create an incorrect adjustment.

9.Reconnect the T.V. cable (B) to the throttle bellcrank lever (C).
10.Check cable adjustment. Verify transmission throttle lever and lever on throttle body move simultaneously.

fig3.gif

Last edited:
now i have a bigger problem :banghead:

if i take your link

germany, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

it is not my day:confused:

will make it with a friend tomorow, need help,because from my wheelchair position is it mission impossible.

i will tell you the result tomorow.

thanks for the great help

germany said:
will make it with a friend tomorow, need help,because from my wheelchair position is it mission impossible.

i will tell you the result tomorow.

thanks for the great help

No problems... Let us know if you need any more help. :)

update:

all working good,thanks for the big help.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back