Big question

Exo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the first thing about nitrous and vehicles. Just wondering if someone can give me an overview or a link to a good learning site all about spray? :confused:

Rule of thumb that N.O.S told me years ago, Is that horsepower rating on car/truck. Factory internals to be safe don't go over half that rating. So 500 hp in the srt10 safe route 200 shot, Always purge don't want built up liquid in the lines, Buy a bottle heater. I have never used it but have friends who have, Couple had vipers, honda, vetts. kinda big around my area. Our exhaust shops have re-filling for nitrous :)

Learn all you can about it, then put a 150hp wet shot on your truck and have a ball!!!

Begood said:
And remember this, if you do it wrong...

BANG!

Bill.

YAYA I was told a proper nitrous setup Cost alot of money. Ask viper he runs the spray on his truck, He is a nice guy to talk with.

My post from a recent thread. May be usefull

A proper, and safe setup will cost you 800-1200 bucks new. Putting a $400 dollar push button nitrous kit will make you go fast. But it will make your engine go fast too. And if your spinning tires uncontrolled, it will be a fast trip to a body shop.

One great setup:

Wide Band A/f Meter $250
(You can get a switch for some meters that will cut off your nitrous if your A/f passes a pre-determined value 13.5 or leaner is considered dangerous.)
(AFX makes a O2 Sensor compatible with Leaded Race Fuels. Your not spraying unless your fuel is high octane right!!!!)

On/Off Toggle Switch $8
(No accidental activation of solenoids, Prevents voltage leaking)

NOS EFI Fuel Pressure Safety Switch $60
(cuts off nitrous if fuel pressure drops)

MSD RPM Activated Window Switch $130
(Push button LED On/OFF Rpm window switch)

NOS Wide-Open Throttle Switches
(only sprays at WOT)

Hurst Or B&M T-Handle Shifter with button $40
(Immediatle access to cut off or activiate nitrous at your fingertips)
(Good to allow spray only when your falling behind a little, And to immediatly cut off if the truck gets loose or something unexpected happens.)

Progressive 2 Stage Nitrous Controller $235
(Pulse width progressive ramp for nitrous/fuel to prevent traction loss and lower ET's)

Auxillary Nitrous solenoid $100
(prevents nitrous leak while parked, ensures when you release the button, the nitrous stops)

Purge Solenoid $75
(air or Nos vapor in the lines will cause the car to bog and run rich for a second until liquid Nos reaches the solenoid)
(Cools the system and looks cool

Plugs 2 steps colder $30
(Short ground electrode is as important as colder heat range. Shorter the electrode the quicker heat is wicked away. This prevents detonation.)

Assorted Nitrous/fuel Jets $20
(Dial in your safe nitrous/fuel, Eliminates your computers need to spray more fuel through your stock system if you can compensate at the nozzle)

Nitrous Pressure Gauge $30
(keeping the nitrous bottle pressure consistant keeps your runs and your A/F rations consistant and that is safe

Bottle Heater $130
(ask any baby, cold bottle suck

Remote bottle opener $175
(Sometimes that tool in the lightning needs his ass kicked and theres no time to open the bottle behind the seat)

DYNO TUNE! PRICELESS!!!!
i dont know anyone more knowledgeable than justin. He is the fastest you know,

Also if your ever planning on running a 2 stage or a 150+ shot. A 3 gallon tank of 118 octane with switches, pumps, filters, and plumbing cost around $250

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back