Big Surprise: Dealership F'd me out of money

SRT-11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I'll keep this real quick, I bought the truck back in May or June, the liar that sold it to me promised me an extra key & keyfob, I kept calling to get it, he said go to the Dodge dealership and get a quote and he'll send me a check, I got a quote, he asked me to fax it over (twice, he "lost" it the first time) and then finally today after I called his boss, he got on the phone and said there's nothing he could do for me and hung up. So who do I call to report something like this to? It was Sam Galloway Ford in Ft. Myers, FL. so it wasn't a dodge dealership. I know, I know, I got the truck from a ford dealer.

Unless you got something in writing from the Ford Dealer stating they'd pay for an additional key & fob, you probably are SOL.

You COULD call the Ford dealer, ask for the general manager and tell him your situation. Usually if you bitch to the GM, they'll make things happen . . . USUALLY.

Good luck!

FYI, you should have had nothing to do in this equation. That salesperson should have spoken to the parts guy at Dodge directly, and the salesperson should have called you when the parts were in. . .

That was all a ploy to pawn shit off, and avoid getting a key. . .

If you go there in person, it hard for them to hang up the phone.

You will be surprised how differently you will be treated if you walk in and went straight to the GM and express your unsatification with the treatment you have received.

I had bought a used SSEI from a dealer and when I had the computer go out, the service department was going to charge me the repair work. Said it wasn't covered under the extended warranty.

So I walked into the main office where I purchased the extended warranty, ran into the owner of the dealer, and explained to him that it was told to me that would be covered. and "bam" I just had to pay my $100 deductable instead of the $600 the service department was going to charge me.

Now to make a long story short, go there in person, especially if they have other customers walking around. It will not look good for them have a unhappy customers showing unsatisfaction (Not yelling) in their show room about something as little as a key and a remote.

Give it a try, you might be surprised how there attitude is different,and a few sale people might get ate on about not doing what you were promised.

iraqivet01 said:
If you go there in person, it hard for them to hang up the phone.

Now to make a long story short, go there in person, especially if they have other customers walking around. It will not look good for them have a unhappy customers showing unsatisfaction (Not yelling) in their show room about something as little as a key and a remote.

Give it a try, you might be surprised how there attitude is different,and a few sale people might get ate on about not doing what you were promised.

:top: :congrats: :bandit:

Always get a "We Owe" slip filled out for stuff like this at the time of the sale.

Nino Chevrolet in Burlington,NJ did the exact same thing to me.I am a very persisitent sumbeech,though,and after about 15 -20 phone calls they re-imbursed me for the key.(no extra fob in my deal,though)

BTW................Nino Chevrolet has lots of hidden fees and tricks to get you separated from your money.:mad:

You personally walk into the dealership,calmly ask to speak to the sales manager,then ask calmly for the sales person involved to be present,have all paperwork in order,plead your case,and you should get results.If not then demand to speak to the service director or owner.stating that the deal was based on an addl. key & fob.
But ...If it wasn,t in writing prior to signing,,,S.O.L.(sorry)

Just something to think about, The truck comes with 2 keys.You have 1,Who has the other?Could someone just walk up and drive away with your ride?Just giving you another view.

Do the 05's need programmed to the truck?

could always file a complaint with better business bural let them investigate it put a little pressure on the company to make it right..

redice2 said:
could always file a complaint with better business bural let them investigate it put a little pressure on the company to make it right..

I did this when the out-of-state dealer I bought my truck from decided to keep sending me temp plates for months instead of getting me my in-state plates. Guess what? I got my plates within 2 days, plus an angry phone call from the dealership about me calling the BBB on them.

Since there was no point to communicate further with the dealership because they had held up their end of the bargain (thanks to the BBB) and sent me my plates, I gleefully suggested to the guy who called me and attempted to bitch me out for calling the BBB, that he perform an impossible sexual act on himself. Then I hung up the phone.

Call the BBB. That will get them off their asses.

Park out in front of the dealership... Stay on the public walkway...

Hold up a sign that says, before you buy, you might want to talk to me first.

Believe me, you will get there attention

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back