Billy Boat BB Exhaust System

avcts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of questions about this system. I really cant find any percise info. Can you guys answer any of my questions? Much appreciated.:)

1. Who sells this BB catback with High Flow mids?

2. Anybody using this with either OEM manifolds or Bassani headers?

3. Anybody have this system for sale?

4. Anybody dyno this system?

5. I dont see a cross over pipe like my Mopar/Borla. Is it internal?

6. Hows the sound? Any cabin drone? My Mopar does it alittle at 1700rpm or so.

7. Anybody try to use the BB mids with either OEM manifolds or Bassanis
and NOT using the BB cat back? I know some fabrication would be required.

I just wanted mid pipes at first. That fell thru. So now my option is BB. Because, it can be used with my Bassani's. Its a direct bolt on. No fabrication if I also buy the catback.

Anybody want to buy a used Borla catback? Only seen rain twice. I got caught in it both times.:D

Thanks!!!!

I have the BB mids with Bassani's headers.....bought the mid pipes from Roe Racing. I had cut a inch or so off the rears to make the weld.

Im assuming that you are not using the BB cat back.

So, you cut off an inch. Did the B&B mids align properly to your cat back?

What cat back do you have?

I was hoping that they would be very close. All i would have to do is cut the BB flare ends off and get a piece of SS pipe flared and use two nice band clamps. I do not want to weld in the event Id have to remove for inspection. Or maybe weld the side closest to the front and still provide the slip joint at the other end. Is that what you mean?

Will this work?

Thank you!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
I'm running the magnaflow catback.....you could weld a clamp type adapter on the B&Bs sence they come with a 2 bolt flange. The fit was perfict and the o2 bungs worked with the factory sensors so they should pass inspections if you get the mids with a highflow cat.

Im in contact with B&B right now. He mentioned there are six (6) possible part numbers for there mid pipes depending on what your configuration is. If you have OEM manifolds, RC and a BB cat back...what is your part number?

...and thank you for helping me out:rock:

I have seen prices from 449 to 899 for the mids. There are 6 possible configurations. I looked at Roe, He's selling the complete manifold back system for 2399. This doesn't make sense to me. According to the B&B web site, the 0440 is $1408 and the 0445 is $499. Eh, thats less than $2000.00. Now, again, there are (6) different setup combinations. Roe may be quoting the most expensive or the QC version. Im trying to find out.

Now, you guys with RC SRT-10's and MF catbacks, what part number did ya order and what was the cost? Did you get the mids with or without cats? Sometimes I just dont read...I apologize for my blindness.

Thanks again all!

I picked up a set of B&B mids w/HF cats from Roe for a little under $500. I had to custom fit the mids to the Magnaflow but they will bolt up to Bassani's or the stock manifold with no problems.

I gained 18rwhp and 29ft lbs with just installing the mids. (dyno tuned gain)

mmmmtorque,

Can you explain how you made the connections to your MF catback?

Was the cost from ROE to include shipping?

Looks like the FTRU-0445 is the correct part number. It retails for 499.00. Some web sites are gouging upwards of 899.00. Can you believe that sh!t !

Thanks again.

avcts said:
mmmmtorque,

Can you explain how you made the connections to your MF catback?

Was the cost from ROE to include shipping?

Looks like the FTRU-0445 is the correct part number. It retails for 499.00. Some web sites are gouging upwards of 899.00. Can you believe that sh!t !

Thanks again.

I cut off the inlets to the Magnaflow and welded up two new (true) 3" stainless pieces with two bolt flanges to marry up to the two bolt flanges on the B&B's.

No, think it was in the $530 range with shipping but was still the best price around at the time.

Yea, they were up to twice as much on other sites ;)

Best price I have found is 480 shipped:D .

However, no one has them in stock:( .

If you guys say its no big deal to get them to work....Im going to order them today.

Much appreciated.....:rock:

Anybody else use the B&B front sections with a Borla? :)

mmmmTorque,

You remember what the distance was from the new B&Bs to your magniflow? Was there enough of a gap to actually fabricate a flanged type adapter that matched the 2-bolt flange on the B&B?

avcts said:
Anybody else use the B&B front sections with a Borla? :)

mmmmTorque,

You remember what the distance was from the new B&Bs to your magniflow? Was there enough of a gap to actually fabricate a flanged type adapter that matched the 2-bolt flange on the B&B?

I dont remember the distance...but yes there was plenty of distance after we cut off the inlets to the Magnaflow and fabbed up new sections with 2 bolt flanges on one end to marry up to the B&B's. It was between 2' to 3' ....at work right but can take pics when I get home if you like. ;)

If you could take pictures, I would GREATLY appreciate it.:rock:

Were did you find the flange? Is it stainless? I have been looking for a 2-bolt 3" and have had no luck. It seems that 3" are always 3-bolt.

There's alot I need to figure out. Your MF is 3" right? My Borla is 2.5"...well the last time I checked it.

So, I think I would need the 2-bolt flange in 3" then reduce to 2.5". Problem is, Im not a fabricator. I will need to have these made. If I can buy the 2-bolt flanges, I can get a local shop to weld the 3" SS pipe to the new flange and reduce to 2.5".

Thanks again!!!!:)

edit: I just checked again...Borla is 2.5" OD. 2-5/8" at the flare.

Last edited:
avcts said:
If you could take pictures, I would GREATLY appreciate it.:rock:

Were did you find the flange? Is it stainless? I have been looking for a 2-bolt 3" and have had no luck. It seems that 3" are always 3-bolt.

There's alot I need to figure out. Your MF is 3" right? My Borla is 2.5"...well the last time I checked it.

So, I think I would need the 2-bolt flange in 3" then reduce to 2.5". Problem is, Im not a fabricator. I will need to have these made. If I can buy the 2-bolt flanges, I can get a local shop to weld the 3" SS pipe to the new flange and reduce to 2.5".

Thanks again!!!!:)

edit: I just checked again...Borla is 2.5" OD. 2-5/8" at the flare.

The flanges were lying around the exhaust shop ;) Believe they were stamped steel. Although they were out of gaskets, so I ordered a set from some obscure afternmarket vendor for $5.00.

I think the Maganflows are 3" OD and have reducer fittings and therefore is not a true 3". By cutting the inlets off to the Magnaflow, I removed one section of the reduced 3" .

The sections welded up to the Magnaflow now are true SS 3" with 3 " 2 bolt flanges welded on one end.

Will post pics later this afternoon.... ;)

I understand now.:D

I ordered the B&B's a few minutes ago for $480.00 shipped. They are the FTRU-0445 with 3" HF cats and all 4 O2 bungs. Southern HotRod has the best prices on B&B that I could find. Thats a real fair price when you actually see whats out there.

Again, my only concern are the angles of the BB's. Once you bolt these to the manifolds/headers, I can only pray its a straight shot from the B&B's to the Borla's inlets. No screwy angles. Yours were straight? Then ya start gettin into moving the pipes around and they hit the cross member...turn into a nightmare. But it seems all when well for you. So I ordered.

I cant wait to see your pictures.

Last edited:
OK, here are a couple of pics....hard to take good pics under a lowered truck ;) Driveway was blocked by some cement trucks, so couldnt pull it in an jack it up.

Ignore the small section that is welded on the B&B ;) Had to make a second fitting when I went to the Bassani's.

Oh, and its not 2-3" but closer to a foot.

111_1128.jpg

111_1130.jpg

Thanks...

I looks like you cut and extended one side of the B&B mids. So, you modified both the B&B and the MF cat back. Is that right?

Can you take one more pic of your adapters were the flanges meet and get as much as you can of the B&B pipes towards the front. Maybe another shot of just the B&B's as well. Im trying to get a feel of the angles.

Also, what is the hole measurement from center to center for the 2-bolt flanges 3" flanges? I found something that will work in all stainless.

Sorry to be asking all of this from you. I really appreciate this!!!!!

avcts said:
Thanks...

I looks like you cut and extended one side of the B&B mids. So, you modified both the B&B and the MF cat back. Is that right?

Can you take one more pic of your adapters were the flanges meet and get as much as you can of the B&B pipes towards the front. Maybe another shot of just the B&B's as well. Im trying to get a feel of the angles.

Also, what is the hole measurement from center to center for the 2-bolt flanges 3" flanges? I found something that will work in all stainless.

Sorry to be asking all of this from you. I really appreciate this!!!!!

Well....now I have to give you the whole story :D

Originally, these B&B's were married up to a set up Gibsons. The collector pattern on the Gibsons were off compared to the stock exhaust manifold. Therefore had to cut and rotate the passenger side pipe to get the right angle. I cut the Magnaflows and put in the custom pieces shown and they fit right up to the B&B's.

Although that was the only mod I had to make to the B&B's....

Then ;) I had a run in with a deer and the truck lost.....was able to pull the exhaust off the wrecked truck and put it on my new one. Of course when marrying up the modded B&B mid to the passenger side it was at the wrong angle when connected to the stock manifold. Sooooo, I cut the B&B mid after the O2 sensor , installed them and drove to the exhaust shop. They fitted in the cut off B&B piece with a new sleeve but the angle was still off a little so they put in a little tweak at the end.

Therefore my mids look like Frankensteins exhaust but are still true 3" :D

You, wont have this issue since the stock manifold (and the Bassani's) are universal collector connections. Therefore you will only need to mod the Magnaflow side like the pics.

Sorry for the long winded story and hopefully I didnt confuse the issue :dontknow:

The 3" 2 bolt pattern is a std but will take a measurement.

Any other pics may confuse the issue since they have the cuts mentioned above.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back