Billy Boat catless mid ?s

Viper Beau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have installed catless mids I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions.

1. The BB catless mids I got have 2 bungs on each pipe. Do the stock O2 sensors fit into these two bungs or I need to get extensions?

2. My SCT tuner will turn the rear O2 sensors off. If I get a wideband A/F guage, do I need to weld in a new bung or use the rear O2 bungs since those sensors are turned off anyway?

3. The BB will connect to my Magnaflow muffler. The BB is 3" I think and the Magnaflow is 2.5". To make them fit is easy by using an adapter right?

4. Finally, I want the joints welded and the mid to muffler joints welded. Is there advantages to the welding types, ie. TIG vs. MIG?

Thanks for any advice/tips/tricks you guys can offer and a final thanks to Stinker for the hook up on the BB mids and the SCT group buy:rock: :rock: :rock:

For those of you who have installed catless mids I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions.

1. The BB catless mids I got have 2 bungs on each pipe. Do the stock O2 sensors fit into these two bungs or I need to get extensions?

yes they will fit.... i dont think you will need extenderds with BB i could be wrong

2. My SCT tuner will turn the rear O2 sensors off. If I get a wideband A/F guage, do I need to weld in a new bung or use the rear O2 bungs since those sensors are turned off anyway?

you will need to plug in the rear o2's - up to you weather you put them in the pipe or hang them up

yes you will need to weld in a new bung for the o2 a/f gauge - the a/f bung should be close to the collector on either side " either pipe "
3. The BB will connect to my Magnaflow muffler. The BB is 3" I think and the Magnaflow is 2.5". To make them fit is easy by using an adapter right?

no - you will need an adp or an X-pipe 3" to 2.5"

4. Finally, I want the joints welded and the mid to muffler joints welded. Is there advantages to the welding types, ie. TIG vs. MIG?

either type of weld will work - depends on the pref. of the welder

Thanks for any advice/tips/tricks you guys can offer and a final thanks to Stinker for the hook up on the BB mids and the SCT group buy

JTS " STinker " is a GREAT guy, and Torrie Tunes are awesome :) !!! really wakes up the truck

only advise i can give is mod'in you truck is very addicting hehe GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back