Black Grille

smackdownSRT10

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Rivets weren't reusable. How did you mount it?

263197_10200663740189406_426708780_n.jpg

You can probably use some small screws, how many rivets did you break?? I was able to reuse all when I did mine and a friends.... How did you remove them??? BTW looks great!!

There was no way at all to remove them and be able to reuse them. I want to use some push fasteners but don't know which size. I tried a few different kinds; either they were too big, too small, or what I thought was the right fit loosened after a 5 minute drive. So short of zip tie them all. Help!

You take a center punch or similar item to extract pin from rivet. Then remove rivet. I usually can reuse them all too ;-)

Yup, center punch or even a small screwdriver and it's real easy, all are reusable. ...

Just buy the right tool and do it the right way.

410PG%2BmzSUL._SX385_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Air-Capital-Plastic-Rivet-Gun/dp/B003VSRG0A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369567174&sr=8-3&keywords=plastic+rivet+tool]Air Capital Plastic Rivet Gun Kit - Amazon.com[/ame]

Zip ties? really? why do so many people do half assed work on their own vehicles.

Still waiting to find the right fastener before I resort to that.

Yeah, I went to a few. I need to know which/size though.

why can't you just bring the ones you broke with you.....? do it rite or don't do it at all.

Most of them are destroyed. I already brought one to measure. Seems like 1/4" but I checked Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, AutoZone, and Advance Auto. No way am I paying $4 a fastener. Found a pkg of 25 push in fasteners on ebay for $6 I'm going to give a shot.

Zip ties? really? why do so many people do half assed work on their own vehicles.[/quote]

I know right.....may as well just use duct tape!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back