Black Honeycomb Grill Swap (pics and instructions)

brokenarrow184

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my grill swapped out a few days ago. I think it turned out real nice!
IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8798.jpg

IMG_8796.jpg

IMG_8794.jpg

IMG_8792.jpg

I got the SRT badge on Ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODG...62QQcategoryZ33643QQihZ017QQitemZ270265267234

Its an easy swap...

Just remove the bolts highlighted in red and remove the plastic tabs highlighted in blue. Then the whole front grill comes off (dont drop it).
Grillbottom.jpg

grilltop.jpg

Once you get the grill off, you will see that there are about 18 plastic rivet looking things holding the grill inserts on. If you can remove them without destroying them then do that. I didn't have the patience to try and get them out so I just used a screw driver and needle nose pliers to pry them out.

Just put the black honeycombs in place and re-use the rivets or just use zip-ties like I did (much easier). I didn't have enough zip-ties laying around so I didn't even fill all the spots with them. You might also notice that I destroyed the 2 plastic tabs holding the deflectors to the grill (highlighted in blue), they don't seem real necessary to me so I did with out them.

On the SRT badge, I had to cut off about a 1/2 inch of the bolts so that it wouldn't hit the deflectors behind the grill (the badge is made for a Charger). Just used my Dremmel and then bolted it up!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes it's easy. I did this 3 years ago and love the result.

Bill.

!

brokenarrow184 said:
On the SRT badge, I had to cut off about a 1/2 inch of the bolts so that it wouldn't hit the deflectors behind the grill (the badge is made for a Charger). Just used my Dremmel and then bolted it up!

Let me know if you have any questions.

It really does look good. I did the same thing a couple months back, but I'm not to pleased with the way my SRT badge looks. I used tiny zip ties. Yours looks great! How did you get that badge on there exactly?

Maddbeaver said:
It really does look good. I did the same thing a couple months back, but I'm not to pleased with the way my SRT badge looks. I used tiny zip ties. Yours looks great! How did you get that badge on there exactly?
That badge I got from Ebay has 2 bolts comming off the back of it. They are about 2 inches long so i cut them down a little since the honeycomb is only about 3/4 of an inch think. The badge comes with a plate that goes behind the grill and then the nuts and washers go on top of that. Its a perfect fit.

I can try to get some close-ups of the badge tomorrow.

I think the badge keeps it from looking like you just pulled something off of another truck and slapped it on the SRT10, even though thats exactly what I did!

4to10cyl said:
Trying to decide on whether I want the SRT badge or not. Hmmm...
I got an email from the guy that i bought the other inserts from. I didnt realize he is in Florida.. He was busy preparing for the storm. he said he'll ship the inserts tomorrow so they should be here hopefully by friday. I should be able to get them in the mail the same day.

You might go ahead and PM me your address and ill PM you the Paypal address..

Looks much better...Did mine this spring...Nice change bud...:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back