bled clutch now what?!?!

mooni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bled my clutch to see if it would relive the problem of the clutch pedal being loose at the top of the travel. As i was bleeding the system i noticed that the bleeder was able to move about an inch or so before stoping also the clutch engaged well into the top of the pedal travel and now it engages at the very bottom (like an inch from the floor). i check the lines for air even got one of those vacum systems to help but nothing. has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any ideas:dontknow:

mooni said:
So I bled my clutch to see if it would relive the problem of the clutch pedal being loose at the top of the travel. As i was bleeding the system i noticed that the bleeder was able to move about an inch or so before stoping also the clutch engaged well into the top of the pedal travel and now it engages at the very bottom (like an inch from the floor). i check the lines for air even got one of those vacum systems to help but nothing. has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any ideas:dontknow:

i have to ask, where are you bleeding it at?

because i didnt think the bleeder would move hardly at all:dontknow:

if its engaging 1" from the bottom sounds like you have air in the lines. I know its kind-of a pain to bleed. Voodoo and myself did it for about 30-45 min before we got it right. Even after we were done, there is still about 3/4-1" of play from the top. But it engaged in the middle...

-Red

so is the pedal supposed to have play? ill check the lines again in the morning. i thought the vacum bleeder would help prevent air getting into the lines

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back