blew out the rear end, any sugestions?

scoobert

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
for the second time i have blown the rear end out of my gmc. any old schoolers have any way to fix it without replacement? replaced it last time for 1000 bucks, so want to avoid that again. was thinking of taking it to the welder and having him stick weld the spiders together? will this work?
i dont care if the side effect is posi. i just dont need it to snap when i am on the highway.

To bad it's not a Dodge. I have the complete rear-end that I took out to put in Stinker's.
With 4.56:1 gears...what a waste, just setting there. :(

Quick

What blew up.. was it the pin or the axle pre load pin backing out. Big problem with that in gmc and chevy. If thats what is happening you got to check the set bolt and lock tight it in. When that pin falls out it destroys the spiders. Was it making noise or did you feel any play or was it all of the sudden

it was due to abuse. last time too. broken spider gears were found when done. the rear end doesn't like rocking. the input shaft spins freely. i want a cheap fix because i might have damaged the transmission this time, not sure until i have a rear end.

QuickSilver said:
To bad it's not a Dodge. I have the complete rear-end that I took out to put in Stinker's.
With 4.56:1 gears...what a waste, just setting there. :(

Quick

i assume they dont bolt up?

If the pinion spins freely that would mean your rind gear or you pinion is stripped.. I just very rarely hear of spider gear causing the rear to go .
Something might of broke the spiders than the rear.

I upgraded my 2 door tahoe with 14 bolt and never had a problem... i was runnung 44 mudders to so thats a little stress

keep sickeness's lips off ya ars and your rear end want keep blowing up:D

check the junk yards , those axles and that year are a dime a dozen bud, shouldnt cost ya but a couple hundred bucks and an afternoon

when ya get back on here, shoot me the year make model, ratio of ya can, engine tranny, let me look around a bit, $900 seems high to me

What size tires? Takes a decent amount of abuse to bust a 14 bolt.

TheSickness said:
Always use astro glyde Brat swears by the stuff :D
Well you did show me how to use it.btw congrats on the number one hated award.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back