Blower Boys !

dismist

Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of miles / Gallon you guys are getting(normal driving) now that you have installed blowers.Im not worried about the gas, just curious. Also what kind of Blowers are you guys running? Looking to take the plunge and install one!

I get 16mpg city and 20mpg highway with the Roe. But that was before the headers and I was only getting 4lbs of boost so I have a different pulley to to bring it to 6.5# so as of now I don't know what I will get.

Thanks. What kid of blower are u guys using? Top mount or belt driven. Not sure what Roe uses

Last edited:
Top mount twin screw with the awesome whine :rock:

dismist said:
Thanks. What kid of blower are u guys using? Top mount or belt driven. Not sure what Roe uses

;) :D
CIMG0453.jpg

CIMG0460.jpg

dismist said:
Nice. Did you forge the bottom end? 1/4 Mile et.?

Mine is stock bottom end I am only going to be running 6-6.5# boost as for 1/4 depends on your altitude I'm at 2300 feet so I will be slower than the trucks lower than me. I ran a 13.8 without the blower haven't went down the track with the blower on yet.

Ramchargerguy said:
Mine is stock bottom end I am only going to be running 6-6.5# boost as for 1/4 depends on your altitude I'm at 2300 feet so I will be slower than the trucks lower than me. I ran a 13.8 without the blower haven't went down the track with the blower on yet.

Where you at in Canada?

Went from 9 city / 13 hwy to 18 / 21 mpg with the Roe. Pushing about 8lbs above 3,000 rpm with stock pulleys.

Tekhaus said:
Went from 9 city / 13 hwy to 18 / 21 mpg with the Roe. Pushing about 8lbs above 3,000 rpm with stock pulleys.
Are you going by your overhead display or are you actually calculating it? I ask, because I went from 8 mpg city to 14 mpg city on my overhead display. But I knew that wasn't right, cause I was using a shitload of fuel. When I actually calculated myself, it ended up being about 6 -7 mpg city. Apparently when you change injectors, it some how effects the readings of the overhead display.

I'm not familiar with boost on my Viper Truck but, I had a Kenne Bell twin screw on my 5.2 Ram. The gas mileage was identical under normal driving conditions. It only used more when you were playing.
I loved it because here there are lots of hills on the interstate and with the KB, I didn't have to downshift.

SANTEEN said:
Are you going by your overhead display or are you actually calculating it? I ask, because I went from 8 mpg city to 14 mpg city on my overhead display. But I knew that wasn't right, cause I was using a shitload of fuel. When I actually calculated myself, it ended up being about 6 -7 mpg city. Apparently when you change injectors, it some how effects the readings of the overhead display.

Same thing here....with 69LB injectors I will show up to 27MPG...LOL..if only it were true..

Paxton 5lb boost normal driving 14 in town highway 18 love the whine:rock:

Around 20mpg seems to be what can be expected when yer just feathering it in top gear..... All the way down to near zero with yer foot in it..... I ran the stock Paxton setup with about 7 lbs of boost....

Average was about 12-13 in mixed driving.....depending on how heavy your right foot is....

However, I do have a question regarding your inquiry:

How can one inquire about mileage and not be worried about the cost of gas.....? They are conjoined twins.

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back