Blown off transmission cooling line

fursale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turned onto my street this evening (about 25 mph) and proceeded to slide the left wheel off the road.Got back on street with no damage known so far,but about 1/8 mile down the street the tranny starts slipping.Made it half way up the drive and would not pull any more.
The cooler line at the radiator had simply disconnected and was hanging down.
So is there a known problem with this.I do not want to see all that fluid be lost again.
Thanks

Havent heard of it... However it sounds like it maintained line pressure for the few seconds it dumped all the fluid. As soon as the fluid was gone, it released. As long as you didnt drive to far, i dont think you did any damage. Id flush it, and put some lucas trans stop slip in there for safe measure. Not sure why it disconnect bossman, but it sound like it happend in a better way than slowly dripping till it got low, and overheated, burning it up.

Accually my truck just did the exact same thing the other day! The clip that holds the line to the cooler poped off and so then the line came undone. Went to O'Riley and bought new clips reinstalled. Filled up the fluid and added a bottle of lucas and tranny is perfect again.

Havent heard of it... However it sounds like it maintained line pressure for the few seconds it dumped all the fluid. As soon as the fluid was gone, it released. As long as you didnt drive to far, i dont think you did any damage. Id flush it, and put some lucas trans stop slip in there for safe measure. Not sure why it disconnect bossman, but it sound like it happend in a better way than slowly dripping till it got low, and overheated, burning it up.

Man after thinking about it i was driving through S curves on the way home at about 45 mph in 2nd gear with solid rock 8 feet from the edge of the road in places,and I was actually doing 25 on a 90 degree right hand turn when the truck started sliding off the road.
First thought was flat or broken bead on left front.
When I think about that I was very lucky.:hmmmm:
Also it was about 3/4 mile from the slide to home.I babied it as soon as I noticed the slippage so maybe the trans is alright.
Thanks for the advice rareo3,will do that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back