Blown Slave on Clutch?

Rice Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clutch has been fine still grips good. this morning i pulled out of the garage and pulled up to the first stop light and pushed the pedal in to go to neutral and it wouldn't go out of gear...i had to stand on the brake to stall it to stop the beast. I pumped the pedal a couple times and it went from half pressure to a limp noodle. I'm assuming there is a leak in the hydraulics and a new slave is in store...I'm sure the clutch has plenty of life in it. any thoughts:dontknow:

Yup, you can probably add fluid and bleed it to get it working again. Mine has done that before as well as others. The stock slave sucks but you can use it for years if you keep an eye on the fluid.

sounds like slave, like kenne says, refill it ,see how it does, a bit different from once bittens, his is during shifts, yours sounds straight slave

anyone got a link to refill and bleeding the slave? I replaced the slave a couple years ago with a new one but never had to bleed it? I know there is a quick disconnect where it attached to the bellhousing.

Do I use brake fluid?

There is a Sticky on the other forum in the peformance section. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link though.

Alberta-SRT said:
There is a Sticky on the other forum in the peformance section. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link though.

haha i bought my truck right at the time this forum was starting up...i was on the other for a week and dont even remember the name!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back