Bongbongbongbongbong

mr.srt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get rid of the frekkin bong in the truck?

Its so annoying!
:threaddie::threaddie:

We are going to need a sound clip on this one .... Or you need to quit smoking Pot :dontknow::D

We are going to need a sound clip on this one .... Or you need to quit smoking Pot :dontknow::D

i would vote for the sound clip:rock::canabis::D

ya talkin bout the bongbong when ya don't fasten your seat belt???:dontknow:

Is it possible to get rid of the frekkin bong in the truck?

Its so annoying!
:threaddie::threaddie:

Has your truck been lowered? It may be the front springs weren't set in the lower control arms correctly....:dontknow:

Hehehe sorry guys, im talking of the bong coming when you open the door, put the key in, ignition on etc.

:)

I have no life..so I looked up the current DOT regulation in accordance with the manufacturing requirements of all 2004-2006 Dodge Ram pickups in regards to safety features..in your case the annoying ding/dong noise when starting up your vehicle.

DOT regulation 23544077.3 states that each manufactured vehicle, without regards to weight limit or size, will be equipped with a noise device in regards with the starting process when inserting a key. This device will be audible at no more than 50 decibals but no lower than 25 decibals (see OSHEA requirements). It is also unlawful to disarm this device, even by an authorized dealer, for this device is a safety feature, which after years of study has proven to drive one totally insane enough to abandon their vehicle(s) and ride mass transit instead.

my fathers truck has an operation in the manual how to shut off the ding dong from not buckleing up you seatbelt.

It's real easy, just google it. I did it to my truck.

If I remember correctly:
Buckle seat belt with ignition off
Turn key forward without turning engine on
Unbuckle and rebuckle seatbelt 3 times in less than 10 seconds ending with the seat belt buckled
Turn ignition off
You should here one "ding" if done correctly

To reactivate the sound just repeat the process.

ding dong

is this just for the seatbelt warning?
i dont want it do ding, dong or bong when i open the door either.

The previous owner of my truck must have already performed the 'procedure' because I'm grateful my SRT makes no such noise as discussed in this thread.

Ok it works, but only on seatbelt warning.

That one didnt bother me to much but the one coming on when you open the door i really wanna get ridof..

Anyone know how to diable that one?

It's real easy, just google it. I did it to my truck.

If I remember correctly:
Buckle seat belt with ignition off
Turn key forward without turning engine on
Unbuckle and rebuckle seatbelt 3 times in less than 10 seconds ending with the seat belt buckled
Turn ignition off
You should here one "ding" if done correctly

To reactivate the sound just repeat the process.

AWESOME! I never wear my seatbelt so that sh!t beeps all the time!!!! LOL jk but thanks for the info i am gonna try it when i get home

AWESOME! I never wear my seatbelt so that sh!t beeps all the time!!!! LOL jk but thanks for the info i am gonna try it when i get home
When you put the ignition on, wait untill the seatbelt guy light in the dash goes out before you buckle up :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back