Boomer's Catless Mids

RAM82A1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about going with Boomer's Catless Mids but have a few questions. First, I assume you still use the two upstream (fwd) O2 sensors and use SIMS on the two downstream (aft) sensors - correct? What do you do with the ones with the SIMS, just tie them up and out of the way? Also, how much louder do the midpipes make the truck - Is it very loud at highway speeds? Did you guys notice an improvement in performance? Thanks in advance.

RAM82A1 said:
Thinking about going with Boomer's Catless Mids but have a few questions. First, I assume you still use the two upstream (fwd) O2 sensors and use SIMS on the two downstream (aft) sensors - correct? What do you do with the ones with the SIMS, just tie them up and out of the way? Also, how much louder do the midpipes make the truck - Is it very loud at highway speeds? Did you guys notice an improvement in performance? Thanks in advance.

I don't know.... But, I'll tell you in a couple weeks! :D :rock:

I got catless mids with long tubes and magnaflow.

on the sims,yes the front two will go back as normal, now on the rear two you will put sims in place, I got the new ones Boomer has and it makes it real simple, you just screw in the adaptors and then the o2's on the adapters, Gary can give you a better description, but its real easy.

Performance? gain alot! much more low end torque! very strong on bottom end.

noise? weeelllll depends on what you define as loud. under normal load and cruisin its a tad deeper, but under WOT it is very noticable. Now if you have something other than long tubes it may not be as noticable.

On a RC you should notice more improvements, ours is on our QC, but the RC seems to get better gains in SOTP feel.

Stinker said:
I got catless mids with long tubes and magnaflow.

on the sims,yes the front two will go back as normal, now on the rear two you will put sims in place, I got the new ones Boomer has and it makes it real simple, you just screw in the adaptors and then the o2's on the adapters, Gary can give you a better description, but its real easy.

Performance? gain alot! much more low end torque! very strong on bottom end.

noise? weeelllll depends on what you define as loud. under normal load and cruisin its a tad deeper, but under WOT it is very noticable. Now if you have something other than long tubes it may not be as noticable.

On a RC you should notice more improvements, ours is on our QC, but the RC seems to get better gains in SOTP feel.

I had a noticable gain on my as well... yes it was louder.... I do get a droan and resonation in the cab at around 2200-2500 rpm range....but I have gotten used to it, and thats only driving slow... because of the mods to tranny (see signature) mine does not shift normally it hesitates until full lockup which is 2300rpm.

Make sure you really tighten all bolts, and re-torque them after 50-100 miles... I welded mine in place because I was getting some annoying leaks, once I got rid of the leaks the truck sounds awesome...

You get a real nice idle crackle out the tail pipe.. and then the overrun cackle on decelleration is very noticable.. and head turning... allways getting comments about it...

But I would do it over!!

azpyroguy said:
I
You get a real nice idle crackle out the tail pipe.. and then the overrun cackle on decelleration is very noticable.. and head turning... allways getting comments about it...

But I would do it over!!

That says it all!!!! Mine will be installed soon!!!!:)

patrick

Back