Boost gauge question

b exxon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the warn and peak buttons on my boost gauge? I lost the papers for it and forget what they are....lol. The red light lights on it under hard acceleration dont remember what thats for either.
I havent been able to drive the truck much only has 1600 miles on it and its a 2004.Some of the older members probably remember it.

If it's the auto meter one they are two black buttons on the bottom of the gauge. The warning is set by holding in the first button for a few seconds then thE gauge will start to move up. Second one is for the last boost peak you hit. Press both and it will reset.

I have the same gauge the "WARN" is your preset max boost. It will light up the red bulb on the gauge to let you know that you have reached max boost. I actually use it as shift light. I have it set to light up at 7lbs of boost at which my rpms ar at 5700. The "PEAK" button recalls your your peak boost. Remember if you don't reset it then you will not know what you peak boost was for that run. Hope this helps.

I have the same gauge. I resest the peak all the time. I make it a point to reset it whenever someone else is going to drive the truck (dealer,etc). That way I see the boost they got up to. I have my warning set at 10psi, I think. I haven't seen my truck in 7 months so I might have it set at 12 or 13.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back