Boost issue questions

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Guys David is having a problem with th boost not stayn consistant. Starts at 5 psi the drops to 2.5psi then to 3 psi. jsut moving around under acceleration.

Seems Smoke and others had the same issue. But I cant remember where they found a good plac to get a good strong constant boost reference from.

any suggestions , so I can pass them on thanks.

I always felt it was best to take it from the intake manifold. That is the boost the engine is seeing. It does not matter what it is somewhere else in the pipeline.

What do you mean by "Under Accelaration"? If you are referring to partial throttle it will move around a bunch if you are moving the accelerator. If you are referring to under full throttle, then you have problems somewhere. Are you running Pop Off Valves in addition to Wastegates? Under normal conditions you should never have the POV's activate under acceleration. That is the job of the Wastegates. The POV's should only open if you slam the throttle closed real fast (and maybe not even then), or for some reason one, or both of the Wastegates fail to work right and you start to overboost.

POV's should be a safety valve. Nothing else.

Hope that helps.

Let me know on that acceleration question I had.

using blitz controller, tial bov's, and turbosmart wastegates, 48mm.

I just cant get over thinking smoke and other sts guys had a similar thing where the boost wouldnt go high enough, or would drop at times, and seems they foounf something that worked and got a good steady psi reading.

and silver not sure about the acceleration, just going on wwhat he said, which is on the dyno it wuld go to 5psi, thn drop to 2.5 and level out at 3psi

Yeah, those STS guys heard their motors go pop! NOthing more. I just talked to Smoke and asked him about ths and he told me he is still only getting 3 lbs of boost.
B

I have a 100% solution to all my boost problems - I'm going back to N/A. ;) I'm mounting a loud speaker to the roof of my truck and will play a recording of the truck spooling the turbo. (Do you guys remember Oddball's Sherman Tank in Kelly's Heroes?) Anyone want to buy a GTS-76 and a lot of really expensive tubing?

HAHHAHA...I loved that show....man I am sorry Stink for your troubles....has JH helped at all???......I would talk to hime for some advice.....Hope it all works out for you...:)

Walt

Hey Big Asp,
I talked to Jeff at JM and he claims that with a Comp CAm, Stryker's, bigger injectors,VECII, and headers and exhaust they got a RC making 685 RWHP. AND it comes on nice and low in the revs. Hey said the TQ was huge. Maybe thats a way to go for ya.
Later
B

Blakewilder said:
Hey Big Asp,
I talked to Jeff at JM and he claims that with a Comp CAm, Stryker's, bigger injectors,VECII, and headers and exhaust they got a RC making 685 RWHP. AND it comes on nice and low in the revs. Hey said the TQ was huge. Maybe thats a way to go for ya.
Later
B

That sounds like an awesome set-up! I'll bet that thing is amazing off idle. Maybe down the road a bit. I decided to do the Mopar Performance One Lap thing for now and put my $$ into my Duster. For what I have spent on my truck with engine rebuilds and everything I could be easily be running 8s in the Duster and take me wife on a couple of cruises.

Stink, I hope they your truck sorted out soon. I know how frustrating it can be.

Yeah, im excited bro. I went with that Package above, plus boosted the Paxton up to 10#s, and hittin it up with a 150 shot (adj to 250). Should be sick! Hopefully burnin gas by the weekend.

No, Im not. Im using the system that JH used on Need4Speeds truck. Its the same flow numbers just mine is an IN TANK pump and the Aeromotive is mounted on the frame rail. Mine is a Walbro 255lph with a Vortech Super FMU and 42 lb injecctors(that we are now switching to 60 lb because of the Strykers)

Any chance that air is leaking? I and Blake (?) had some issues then once the system was pressurized several air leaks were found. Once that issue was taken care of we attained the full 8psi of boost.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back