Boost/vacuum issue...

1QuikSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had the truck out last night and today and it was running fine, pulled the same, sounds the same, around 19-20hg on the vacuum at idle.

Just a lil' while ago we were driving home and I noticed the boost guage was a lot more sensitive than it usually is. I let off the gas and went to neutral and the vaccum dropped to 9-10hg. Plus it will jump positive with just a slight blip of the throttle, which it has never done before. I would be cruising in the passing lane and the guage says I am +1-2psi.

So first I am scared that I blew a gasket with the low vacuum. The truck saw maybe 3psi tonight when we got on the highway. However I think it might be a guage line issue and I'm not sure where the vacuum line would be located on the engine.

No smoke, idles at 750, smooth acceleration...weird guage readings. Any thoughts?

The gauge will be tapped from your intake manifold likely or off your brake booster line or another vacuum line sir. If its running normal thank likely a gauge or line issue. Could be dirt/contaminate for to gauge. May try removing and blowing out nipple on gauge.

Where at on the manifold? Towards the back, towards the front...so sad, when I had my RX7 I could find any cable/tube so easily. I had so much more experience.

And of course, thank you guys for responding...at first I thought the thread might get passed by:dontknow:

Went under the hood, there are quite a few black rubber lines under there...WOW! I Traced the majority of the vacuum lines, snugged them up to the T-connectors or whatever they intersected with...

Started the truck and vacuum was 18-20hg again, gave it a bit of gas and it stayed in vacuum and dropped to 22-23hg for a sec then back to idle. Looks like crisis averted for now :) Getting ready to go on vacation, don't have an extra $1k sitting around for a new gasket.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back