Bought a 'different" 4x4

HOT RAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 92 Isuzu Trooper today :eek:

It has a 7" lift,15x10 polished Weld Racing wheels with 33x14 Boggers,and some type of "racing" seat

It runs but I think it needs an oil pump (full on oil and oil looks clean,but knocks and rattles sumpin' awful :mad: /owner tore a hole in the oil pan and had it welded while still on the truck :(, maybe the pickup was ripped off or mashed ? )

And all for just $500 :rock:

I plan to sell the wheels and tires and get some cheap 15x10 steel wheels

any here have any experience with these ? any helpful advice ?

i went wheelin the other day with some buddies of mine...

it's all new to me, but i can ask some more specific questions, or maybe get the wheels sold????

i know the coolest one out there was a jeep tj with an srt4 neon motor in it:eek:

viperhauler said:

it's all new to me, but i can ask some more specific questions, or maybe get the wheels sold????

i know the coolest one out there was a jeep tj with an srt4 neon motor in it:eek:

My first "real" wheelin' trip was Jan 09 with my 99 RAM 4x4 and I was hooked !
I went once more in my ram and then decided to get a "beater" (a '74 Bronco )since the ram is just too nice to abuse on the trails

this Isuzu was just too good a deal to pass up
I am looking for $600 or so for the wheels and tires :D

We ride with a guy that has a TJ with a 'Vette engine !! :eek:

yeah, there were a few lt1 and ls1 jeeps, and a couple tube frame buggies, a pair of niiiice land cruisers, and i was ridin in some extended frame samurai....

viperhauler said:
yeah, there were a few lt1 and ls1 jeeps, and a couple tube frame buggies, a pair of niiiice land cruisers, and i was ridin in some extended frame samurai....

we have a sami in our group hung up more often than not :mad:

been looking at a way over-built FJ40,but it is $10,000 :eek:

I think I'll stay with the Bronco (bought for only $1700 )

viperhauler said:

gag a neon motor in a crawler? a cummins icb 4cyl would be ideal.

HOT RAM said:
I bought a 92 Isuzu Trooper today :eek:

It has a 7" lift,15x10 polished Weld Racing wheels with 33x14 Boggers,and some type of "racing" seat

It runs but I think it needs an oil pump (full on oil and oil looks clean,but knocks and rattles sumpin' awful :mad: /owner tore a hole in the oil pan and had it welded while still on the truck :(, maybe the pickup was ripped off or mashed ? )

And all for just $500 :rock:

I plan to sell the wheels and tires and get some cheap 15x10 steel wheels

any here have any experience with these ? any helpful advice ?

you could do a manual injection VW diesel engine. tons of low end power, and awesome fuel mileage. i have seen trooper conversions. growing up my friend had two off road capable jeeps, a c7? and a mail truck. damn that mail truck was fun!

Thats cool. My best friend bought the same thing but factory springs and wheels. It had a toasted 5 speed and a salvage title because of the miles 200K and some other minor thing. He only paid 75$... The guy was gonna give it to him but he felt like he should have to pay something. Obviously it was a friend of the family deal. But congrats, they are good trail rigs, and have devent room.

scoobert said:
gag a neon motor in a crawler? a cummins icb 4cyl would be ideal.

uh...yeah...and it was the fastest one out there....

a 450+ hp motor in a jeep...with a bov the size of a pumpkin...

that sucker was bad ass....

I am going to the junk yards friday to look for a decent engine.

I am looking to keep the cost of this thing really low :p

Nelson, dont blow that engine up, ive got a buddy with one with a blown engine in his front yard. the body is good but the motors in those things cost a fortune to rebuild unless its the vortec v6 in there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back