Bought my work truck

wyoramsrt-10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My former employer made me a killer deal on my work truck. I bought it for $5500. It is an 05 Cummins QC with 77k. Now the big question is do I try to sell it now for the money or try to hold on to it untill I really need the money?:dontknow: The rough trade in is around $15k.

More than likely this truck will be the only fairly new vehicle in the stable. So I kinda want to keep it. It will be paid off and be reliable transportation. If I do need to sell it I would probably be able to keep the new truck untill the end of the year. I think I answered my own question, just wanting to see some input from others.

WOW!!! :eek:

That is a great deal... I would keep that one! If not sell it to me for $6k :D

The diesel trucks are higher maintenance than most realize...sell and buy something more economical till you get back on your feet...

TNVIPER said:
The diesel trucks are higher maintenance than most realize...sell and buy something more economical till you get back on your feet...
I put some thought into this and I like it. It will be up for sale and I think I am going to use the money for a lease and pay for it in full. I am also planning on trading in my other car as well. Now if the SRT would sell then I would have no vehicle payments and might be able to salvage my credit rating. The repo guy can't take away what is not mine:D
Yellow venom said:
Thats a killer deal!!Doesn't get much better then that,whats it getting for fuel economy? 20's?
I tend to have a heavy foot. I usually get 18-20 mpg out of the Cummins.

TNVIPER said:

I bought a new '06 cummins and it was cheaper to maintain than I thought it would be. I had the oil changes done where I bought it and it was $79. I went 5k between changes so it really didn't cost anymore than my gas burner with oil changes at 3k.
I had a friend buy a '01 3/4 cummins for 11k with 80k miles so I would not go lower than 12-14k. You should be able to get that pretty easy.

I sold my '06 for 32k with 19k miles.

i'd say keep it and sell the srt. the cummins is a great work truck where as the srt is barely a functional truck that very high maintence.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back