Brake Bleeding Problems.......

SHU-DOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Moved to Reno NV from Southrn Calfornia
Having trouble bleeding the brakes.

I have now bled them 3 times. No air is bubbling out. I continue to press out about 1-2 ounces of new fluid per corner. I put the fluid right back in the brake booster bottle.

I am still getting a squishy pedal for the first 1/2 press then let go and press again and its all good and firm.

SO........

I take it i still have some air in the lines?

U mechanics have any sure fire way to get them bleed or do i just continue to bleed?

Getting sick n tired of moving the truck, taking off the wheels, trading out to use a lift, and buying lunch n beeer to have a buddy help out. Well not soo much the lunch n beer.

Thanks SHU

Powder coated the calipers, new pads, new rotors and fully bleed out the system w new fluid.

Granted im not driving the truck and it sits a week before i move it around-less than 1 mile. Also the brakes have not been seated.

So that could be the problem??????

SHU-DOG said:
Having trouble bleeding the brakes.

I have now bled them 3 times. No air is bubbling out. I continue to press out about 1-2 ounces of new fluid per corner. I put the fluid right back in the brake booster bottle.

I am still getting a squishy pedal for the first 1/2 press then let go and press again and its all good and firm.

SO........

I take it i still have some air in the lines?

U mechanics have any sure fire way to get them bleed or do i just continue to bleed?

Getting sick n tired of moving the truck, taking off the wheels, trading out to use a lift, and buying lunch n beeer to have a buddy help out. Well not soo much the lunch n beer.

Thanks SHU

DONT reuse fluid that has been in the line.

thewelshm

you got bubbles in either the master cylinder or the abs unit, crack barely each line on both very slowly, and watch for bubbles,

and still aint found no dang boots:dontknow:

definitely sounds like you still have air in the system... more likely the ABS. You need a DRB to cycle the pump, or you can do it the old fashion way :D bleed it to the best you can, then head out on the road and mash it, enable the abs, a couple times. Then do a final bleed.

RedSrt007 said:
definitely sounds like you still have air in the system... more likely the ABS. You need a DRB to cycle the pump, or you can do it the old fashion way :D bleed it to the best you can, then head out on the road and mash it, enable the abs, a couple times. Then do a final bleed.
You mean mash the gas?:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :p

I just replaed my brake caliper right now. Went in like a glove. I cracked both screws on top and let it sit for about a minute or so then fluid started pouring out. I turned the truck on pumped the brakes a few times and they seated right up. I did notice a real lite sponge feel on the first press then it firmed up on the second press. I think I still have some small air in the lines but when I pulled into the driveway after a 5 minute ride my brake light on the dash lit up. I'm hoping it's because the master cylinder is a little low on fluid, but it's right at the min line. I hope nothing is messed up bc the truck still stops great but the light is on????

check the fluid, make sure its full,:D

but like red said, do a couple emergency stops maybe on grass so you dont hurt the rotors adn get the abs to cycle too, that sometimes helps,

got any neighbors you dont like?:D

If there is bubbles in the abs you can activate the pump or bleed the lines before the pump and after the pump.. Have any of you tried presure bleeding
just got my adaptor in the mail from Motive. Its a no fuss way of bleeding or changing the fluid takes 5 min. I have a electric power bleeder but a you can get a hand pump power bleeder set up for about 100 bucks.

kevin call me tomarrow around noonish, Ill see if I can help you get it fiqured it out and I might have some tierod ends that are complete with boots and all.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
you got bubbles in either the master cylinder or the abs unit, crack barely each line on both very slowly, and watch for bubbles,

Is it a PITA to do? Directions?

and still aint found no dang boots:dontknow:

Thats what i figured. Gunnah go have to purchase some from the stealership or pick n pull.

hcetzneb said:
If there is bubbles in the abs you can activate the pump or bleed the lines before the pump and after the pump.. Have any of you tried presure bleeding
just got my adaptor in the mail from Motive. Its a no fuss way of bleeding or changing the fluid takes 5 min. I have a electric power bleeder but a you can get a hand pump power bleeder set up for about 100 bucks.

How do i activate the pump?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back