Brake help!! Don't laugh

outnumbered

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never changed brake pads. So, I have taken the rear caliper off. Now, do I undo the two small bolts that have the rubber boots on them (appears to connect the two pieces of the caliper) in order to remove the brake pads. I see some aluminum clips on each end of the caliper that I have no idea what to do with.

Check at the top of this forum for the STICKY with the Service Manual title.

I used it when doing my brakes. It has a description of how to remove and replace calipers and pads etc.

Didn't even think to look there--thanks....but got them on and painted with the new Duplicolor kit some of you guys were talking about.

no ones laughing bro !,, only way to learn is dive right in man.. :D

Next time you don't have to take the whole caliper off. :D

Just the 2 small bolts that you took off last. You can leave the larger portion of the caliper in place. Makes the job a whole lot faster. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Next time you don't have to take the whole caliper off. :D

Just the 2 small bolts that you took off last. You can leave the larger portion of the caliper in place. Makes the job a whole lot faster. :rock:

Figured that out on the other side:star:

167878849.jpg

167878856.jpg

Now, can someone tell me where I can get those white Viper stickers so that I can finish the job??

What he said... I've got 2 kits sittin here just haven't gotten around to doin em yet!!!
Nowwhat said:
What did you think of the Duplicolor kit...?

azpyroguy said:
I got mine from Decal FX:
It was like $27.00 for the 36" version. I got mine silver, which went with the black really well.

http://www.decalfx.com/performance_logos_v.html

36" for the brake calipers!!!!??????

The Duplicolor kit worked very well. Calipers are extremely glossy--hopefully they stay that way. In addition to the cleaner provided in the kit, I also used acetone and a toothbrush to remove the majority of the brake dust. Probably will only use Simple Green when I clean my wheels/calipers. I think it would be less likely to dull the finish.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back