Brake issues

EODSRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my front left caliper is sticking. It is totally random. It will start to grab a little then get progressively worse. So when I notice it I pull over and let the truck sit for a while.
Went to the dealer cause I heard about the recall and my trucks VIN is not covered under that recall. I have the steel braided lines that I am going to be putting on soon and was going to have the calipers powder coated.

Should I just get a new set of calipers or do you smart guys out there think rebuilding them will work. I know I probably have air in the line somewhere and its going to get purged once I put the new lines on.
Just hoping some one out there has had experience with this....

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Work and deploying all the time sucks.
Truck is running great! Fast as ever! Wide band O2 sensor is reading a bit high when I am at stop lights and idle. Think the rings are going. Rebuild time is coming soon.....

Yep just happened to my front driver brake caliper. Easiest just to buy a new one. Get a hold of Tony

wideband should only be accurate under wide open throttle, wouldnt pay it much attention at idle.

calipers I would jsut get new, but some have had good luck with rebuilding , but be sure you need to flush the entire brake system and go with better than oem fluid, jsut not synthetic;) NOT SYNTHETIC:D

the wideband is hunting at idle, pay not attention, to read the wideband, ge on a hill, leave in one gear as much as possible and stick the pedal to the radiator;) read the wideband thru the rpm range, 3rd gear is usually prefered:)

I totally agree with Tony.... Go Figure :)

Isn't SYNTHETIC fluid a Very Big NO NO with power Brakes or am I wrong????

I am looking into a Brembo Kit? Anyone out there running an aftermarket brake kit?
Love the advice and quick responses on here. You guys Freakin Rock!

I havent checked in awhile, but at last glance no one really made any upgraded calipers, it could be done, but would take some checking into,

but chief yessir, sythetic fluid is about the best out there , but it is bad about retaining water after a time, so it needs to be changed very frequently.

Possibly the caliper........................, but if you KNOW that there is air in the lines, the you need to address this because the air WILL cause the caliper to stay in the out position. The system uses the force put upon the hydraulic fluid to help return the piston inwards after release. The fluid is essentially a return spring.

The clutch problems ( not related but similar in operation) are mostly due to the same issues. Air in the lines! The slave cylinder on the throwout bearing relies on the fluid adn lack of air to help return the slave back to the return position or disengaged. Hope this helps, but I would flush and bleed your brakes and most likely fix your problem. If not the caliper has extended too far outward (bad pads) and is getting stuckin that position. Could be both! ;)

just rebuilt mine had one stuck on each side.hardest part getting seized piston out compressed air didnt work.the actual problem that caused the piston to seize was a mixture of brake dust +tire shine got behind the boots of my two pistons which started to corrode underneath the gunk just in area before seal.i cleaned with emery cloth wet sandpaper and polished put back together with new seals n boots so far no problems and an extra 350.00 in pocket.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back