Brake light on dash coming on

AZBLACKMONSOON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having an intermitent problem of the red brake warning light coming on in the dash. It is not the ABS one, it is the red one like when you put the parking brake on. It also chimes when it turns on too. It only happens when I leave work in the very hot afternoon a few miles from work any other time it doesn't come on. I know I just won't goto work anymore. I have checked fluid level ,and the parking brake to make sure it is fully up. Any other ideas? Thanks

do you have a tune or flash? sometimes once in a while that happens to me but then it goes away. I dont beleive it is anything bad unless the sensor is getting ready to go.

Try unplugging the sensor connector at the master cylinder,jump the connector and see if the light turns off,If it turns off,replace the switch.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have had this issue since day one but, only on warm to hot days. I have even replaced both front calipers, breaks, new fluid up front. Fluid level is good. Unplugged sensor and replugged with no sucess. Maybe the problem is where the emergency break actually engages?

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have had this issue since day one but, only on warm to hot days. I have even replaced both front calipers, breaks, new fluid up front. Fluid level is good. Unplugged sensor and replugged with no sucess. Maybe the problem is where the emergency break actually engages?

I just recently posted in a similar thread that adjustment of the parking brake switch is what I have found causing this issue most of the time.

Check the plug to the master cylinder reservoir I unplugged mine once and forgot to plug it up. Chased the light and issues for two days.

I'm having an intermitent problem of the red brake warning light coming on in the dash. It is not the ABS one, it is the red one like when you put the parking brake on. It also chimes when it turns on too. It only happens when I leave work in the very hot afternoon a few miles from work any other time it doesn't come on. I know I just won't goto work anymore. I have checked fluid level ,and the parking brake to make sure it is fully up. Any other ideas? Thanks

Gauge cluster issue in my experience, also tach will read low about 500 rpm at times then go back to normal. Only in 06 models has this been a consistent bug

I have an 06...and mine does both brake light and low rpm (under 500). Is there a fix to this rather than replacing entire guage cluster? Seems if this was a wide spread problem...they would have a recall on it.

I have an 06...and mine does both brake light and low rpm (under 500). Is there a fix to this rather than replacing entire guage cluster? Seems if this was a wide spread problem...they would have a recall on it.

Yours sounds like a cluster. Also a widespread problem will never facilitate a recall unless it's a safety issue.

Try just the brake switch itself.Located on the pedal itself. It's a $15 part and solved my issue totally. It's the same for all ram 1500 and readily available almost at any parts store. Twist, pull wires. Reinstall prob fixed in less that ten min. If only everything was that easy. Good luck

FYI:
Mine ended up being a faulty fluid level sensor.

Replaced this (Mopar 6805 4878AA, Brake Master Cylinder Reservoir) and the Brake light has not came back on..

-Jake

The break light issue can be scanned with an ABS code scanner..that might be a good spot to start..my 06 SPORT model did it as well..but by the time I got a scanner that could read ABS I sold it

The break light issue can be scanned with an ABS code scanner..that might be a good spot to start..my 06 SPORT model did it as well..but by the time I got a scanner that could read ABS I sold it

Interesting..
The code that would have thrown would have been a low voltage on the level sensor and was told that it would need to be scanned with StarScan?

I should have busted mine out.. I have one that does ABS.. wonder if they are stored?

FYI:
Mine ended up being a faulty fluid level sensor.

Replaced this (Mopar 6805 4878AA, Brake Master Cylinder Reservoir) and the Brake light has not came back on..

-Jake
PS
I started with the brake pedal switch and that did not remedy the light.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back