Brake pad time

Amen brother! :congrats: I'm feelenya! Spend all that time shinning those rims up and about three stop signs later and you can write your name on them with your finger.

I have Performance Friction front and rear.Very low dust and absolutely no squeal.However,they don't have the same "bite" early on as the stockers did.More pedal pressure still gets it stopped fine,just a bit different feel.At least to me.:dontknow:

I just spoke with Performance Friction. They might start making the PFCM pads for the '05 trucks!!:rock:

So, even though I have to wait until tomorrow to get my pads from NAPA, and even though they really aren't the low dust pads that I want, I pulled my pads to see how bad they really are.

You tell me!

Attachments

• DSC05394.JPG
    DSC05394.JPG
    612.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC05395.JPG
    DSC05395.JPG
    618 KB · Views: 49
Everyone is talking about noise and dust. What about performance? I will put up with a little dust and noise for better stopping power at the track. I think the stock brakes work good but there's always better.

You are right they work very well considering what they have to do!

I have to agree the stock pads have a better feel to them.The Performance friction pads do an adequate job,but seem to require more pedal pressure.I just couldn't take the squeal any longer.The dust was bad enough,but the noise is what made me change.

HV SRT said:
Everyone is talking about noise and dust. What about performance? I will put up with a little dust and noise for better stopping power at the track. I think the stock brakes work good but there's always better.
If you're road racing, go with the OEM pads and some nice slotted rotors (Zeckhausen can hook you up).
That setup is about as close as you can get to hitting a brick wall without really hitting a wall. You'll get plenty of dust from the OEM pads, but man do they bite hard.
In the Stopping Power Gauge, this is about as high as I've seen. It's my 10.

If you're daily driving, get the Centric pads and StopTech rotors from Zeckhausen. They actually ended up being cheaper than OEM replacments (for me, anyway). I no longer have that 'brick wall' stopping feeling, but I can still yank on them enough to pull some serious G's forward. Almost zero dust and no noise.
I would say in the Stopping Power Gauge, this setup is about an 8.

I've not tried the EBC, so I can't really comment on them.
I do, however, know that Dave Zeckhausen KNOWS brakes.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Performance Friction carbon metallics. 0965-20 fronts and 0702-20 rears. No more dust and no more squeel. Got mine from Autozone. Roughly $50 per set.
Just picked up a set of Performance Friction pads from AutoZone.
$69.99 for the rears
$64.99 for the front
With Brake lubricant and tax the total was $142.17.

I don't go to the track, and if I loose a little bit of stopping power that's OK.
The stock brakes almost grab too much for me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back