Brake performance upgrade with help from Porsche !

Arska2

EU Moderator
Reaction score
Here are some news from our german autobahn team :rock:

Lots of people think first about performance upgrades but due to having no speed limits in our country, we also have to think about brake performance.

Our serial brakes are good but there are some caliper out there that could improve our brake performance whilst keeping the same disc size.

Mercedes, Audi and Porsche have some caliper out there that have the same brake disc size and that opens up the chance to grab some calipers from the second hand market at a decent price.

The choice that our colleague took was the PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S brake caliper with 6-pistons produced by BREMBO.

Aim was to improve brake performance, keep the SRT original or aftermarket discs and possibly reduce the problems of stucked pistons inside the caliper.

Here is a picture of the Porsche caliper with the SRT brake disc

Unfortunately this caliper is not a plug and play solution, due to the fact, that the distance from original fixation to the caliper and distance to the brake disc will not fit. Also the caliper is due to the different shape not perfectly formed for the application and needs some grinding.

Adapters are needed but only solves one problem. The fixing of the caliper can be done by the adapter which is made out of steel.
The right distance to brake disc could not be achieved by using the original SRT 10 part.

Alternatively the RAM HEMI 4x2knuckle was found as an alternative but still needed some grinding before it could be used.

Original SRT part :

Hemi 4x2 part that also needed some modification :

And here is the final application on the truck :

Now with some color and the Viper Logo :

Information on the real brake performance will follow shortly because.......ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE LOOK !!!!!

Last edited:
Part #s on what was used would be fantastic!!

Love it. Please share the modification details and part numbers. I added Mercedes AMG 8 piston calipers to my charger with very little modifications.

So you are also saying that you got rid of the hard to find SRT-10 Steering Knuckle and replaced it with the common Knuckle from the Hemi 4x2?

So you are also saying that you got rid of the hard to find SRT-10 Steering Knuckle and replaced it with the common Knuckle from the Hemi 4x2?

I think he is saying that is possible when using this caliper but it won't work if you are using the stock SRT10 caliper - the caliper won't mount to the knuckle. When I researched changing my Charger brakes I found a lot of discussion about improvements based on moving from a large 4 piston caliper to a smaller piston 6 or 8 piston caliper. I think the biggest benefit is looks and having more brake pad surface area - even if the the surface area of the pistons has not changed.

I wonder if with these calipers you could run a 16" drag wheel without clearance issues?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back