brake question

d3ze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

got some troubles , since i bought the ebc grooved rotors and the green 7000 series pads it never been perfect.
they are placed perfect but they still dont hit how they have to brake....
now my car was down for 2 months in my garage and now when the weather gething better ive moved the beast out for a litlle fuel drive...
Again i feel the brakes doesnt work , and new this time after 5 minutes driven i only can push my brake pedal for about 2 cm and stuck ... doesnt brake and slice further on the road .... smelles like burning my pads .
when i returned the car to the garage hes smokin on his front wheels , hot , hot and this after 10 minutes driven and testing.
This can't be normal!! i allready replaced new pistons in the calipers , new oil....
Went 3 times to find out whats wrong , nobody found... told me everythings perfect....
Anybody could help me ? i appreciate it verry much.
Before with the original brakes everything normal , did these ebc for the dust .. only dont have the orig anymore.
Maybe any ebc dealer can help me or ?
( ive send couple of emails to ebc and they dont give me an answer )

thanks

d3ze

Sounds like the calipers are seizing up......

Go for a drive again.

When you get home immediatly lift the front end and see if you can easily rotate the front wheels. You should be able to.

Do the same for the rears. Without the emergency brake on and the rear wheels jacked off the floor they should turn also.

If not you have an issue somewhere-caliper piston sticking, brake booster or computer not allowing the fluid to reverse flow.

But unless you were racing they should not get THAT hot. And it soulds like you have broken them in already so the brake in coating should be off.

SHU

Also check for corrosion/rust that may be causing them to stick after sitting for a few months...

Also PM Earl ( Brat ) he had a similar issue a few months back

well , i did the test
back everything is okay
front left side i can turn the wheel , but not smooth enough.
front right side the wheel doenst move.

ive took the right wheel off , and the pistons are stick on the rotor.
tryed to get them loose with oil but nothing change.
the front pistons are new from mai 2009 and also same time the pads and rotors.
the bedding , a friend placed them and and removed the black paint on the rotors before putting them on the car ... never been good.
if the calipers are down , could this be with 20.000miles on the car ?

so ive tryed to remove the calipers by myself , to clean them ... aaarrrch dont know which bolts i need to turn loose and i cant loose any of them .

what are the new steps now ?

try to remove , clean ?
can i test the brake system to see if there isnt a problem with the presure ?

and if i need to buy new calipers , what do u recommend or anyone some nice ones for sale ? i also kick the brake pads of the car and change them.

thx guys

dz I got to step out for a bit , but couple questions, one have you ever changed the brake fluid?

reason being
1. oem fluid is bad, terrible, holds way too much water condensation
2. in the climate you are in , it could be having an affect on fluid, you may need to flush and fill with like wilwood or motul

how long does it sit at a time and is it climate controlled?

but sounds like your calipers are gone bad, we may be able to get y ou a set, if so you may want to get a set, have the ones you have rebuilt, so you would have a spare set

well theres new brake oil placed the same time when we changed the rotors etc ... i guess it will be the oem
last drive i did was for a meet with the us truck club here , and was not the best weather , wet and salt on the roads
after that he went back to the garage and i started to clean the wheel , not the brakes.
normally the car drives in the summer ( also wet or dry weather)

could you send me a pb with the costs and also new pads

d3ze said:
well theres new brake oil placed the same time when we changed the rotors etc ... i guess it will be the oem
last drive i did was for a meet with the us truck club here , and was not the best weather , wet and salt on the roads
after that he went back to the garage and i started to clean the wheel , not the brakes.
normally the car drives in the summer ( also wet or dry weather)

could you send me a pb with the costs and also new pads
yessir:)

I've got 40k on mine...and all is well...

But I don't think they have ever been wet...:eek: :p ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back