Brake Rotors - when have you replaced

REOMOTORS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I have almost 29,000 on my '06 QC. I see the rotors, both front and back, look like they have significant wear. How long have you gone before replacement of the rotors?

I changed the pads to EBC last year to minimize the brake squeal The original pads had LOTS of meat left). The truck is not generally driven hard and at least 25% of the miles are highway miles.

THanks,

Richard

My rc has the same issue plenty of pad and squeels. Both of my friend's have srt8 jeep's and they do they same thing. I was looking at the ebc green pads how do you like them.

Pads And Rotors

I Have 28 K On My QC. They Are Plenty Thick, But Make Noise Like Crazy!!!! Turned Front Rotors Once, They Are At Discard Thickness. Rears Need To Be Replaced Too. I Was Looking At EBC's They Are Real Nice!!!! EXPENSIVE, But Nice. So After A Month Of Going Back And Fourth, I Broke Down And Bought NAPA Lifetime Rotors, And Pads. Just Got Them Today!!!! I Wanted Drilled And Slotted But Just Could not Swallow The Price!!!! So I Have Lifetime Pads And Rotors, When They Wear I Get ALL New Ones, No Questions Asked! Cant Wit To Put Them On. Rotors Are Pretty Nice, Have Black Paint On Them. :evil:

I just switched from performance brake pads from Auto Zone to EBC's front and back. Now I hear squeal AND I get more dust. The performance friction pads did much better IMO, produced significantly less dust and still had plenty of meat on them. I may switch back soon. I also changed rotors from stock to slotted and dimpled rotors.

Turned my front rotors at about 20K and installed EBC green pads. Reduced the dust and noise. At 30K my front rotor's were shot. Decided to buy front rotors, front pads and rear pads from Zeckhausen and rear rotors from Dodge. I just turned 90K miles and all still great condition.

replaced front rotors/pads and rear pads with zeckhausen at 30k miles. low dust and no noise. wish i had done it sooner

Hatedonmostly said:
. I was looking at the ebc green pads how do you like them.

They took care of the squealing, but did not reduce the dust. I think I used the green pads.

Venom Power said:
I just switched from performance brake pads from Auto Zone to EBC's front and back. Now I hear squeal AND I get more dust. The performance friction pads did much better IMO, produced significantly less dust and still had plenty of meat on them. I may switch back soon. I also changed rotors from stock to slotted and dimpled rotors.
where'd you get the front slotted and drilled rotors. i need a set to match the ones on my DTS rear end

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back