Brake rotors

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Anyone have any recommendations for some descent drilled and slotted rotors that look good and wont rust or get hair line cracks from heat that wont also brake (hahaha... get it) the wallet! actually may be interested in a brembo or wildwood upgrade.

i use centric slotted rotors.. they work fine, no cracks, no noise, good durability and fairly cheap. they're a direct replacement to stock rotors.. i use posi-quiet pads... hardly any brake dust..

i'm not a big fan of slotted/drilled/dimpled rotors because their usually very expensive & don't offer much more than bling.......:(

i'd advise you to spend your cash else where. :)

moparracing said:
i'm not a big fan of slotted/drilled/dimpled rotors because their usually very expensive & don't offer much more than bling.......:(

i'd advise you to spend your cash else where. :)

i've noticed a nice increase in braking when i had mine installed and they werent expensive at all.. $175/rotor for front and 80/pads
cost me $500 installed w/ tax. thats a great price for rotors and pads if i ever heard one...

viperpwred said:
i've noticed a nice increase in braking when i had mine installed and they werent expensive at all.. $175/rotor for front and 80/pads
cost me $500 installed w/ tax. thats a great price for rotors and pads if i ever heard one...
i noticed a difference when i put my centric pads on too..... the rotors came later, costly & no improvement in braking @ all...... :(

viperpwred said:

Where did you get yours from rotors/pads from?

Troy's QC SRT said:
I was looking at theres, i think im going to go with his pads but as far as the rotors, im not forsure...I like the slotted rotors since i think they look cool! Not a fan of drilled rotors on big trucks since they have been known to crack.....

what rotors would you go with then.. oem???

centrics are about the same price (if not cheaper)

dont go with EBC, the slots n dimples on their rotors are for nothing mor than show.. the slots dont go to the end of the rotor and the dimples go nowhere.

viperpwred said:
what rotors would you go with then.. oem???

centrics are about the same price (if not cheaper)

dont go with EBC, the slots n dimples on their rotors are for nothing mor than show.. the slots dont go to the end of the rotor and the dimples go nowhere.

I really just like the look of them to be honest! I don't think anyone actually uses their brakes close to the limits unless there out on a road course! But i'm pretty sure i do want the Zeckhausen pads since people say they have a good bite and little to no brake dust..I'm always open to suggestion though....So would their pads perform any better than oem or are they just as good for a lower price? I had cyro powerslot rotors and hawk pads on my hemi and i loved the setup but once again i never used them to actual potential:dontknow:

Troy's QC SRT said:
I really just like the look of them to be honest! I don't think anyone actually uses their brakes close to the limits unless there out on a road course! But i'm pretty sure i do want the Zeckhausen pads since people say they have a good bite and little to no brake dust..I'm always open to suggestion though....So would their pads perform any better than oem or are they just as good for a lower price? I had cyro powerslot rotors and hawk pads on my hemi and i loved the setup but once again i never used them to actual potential:dontknow:

if in not mistaken, centric makes powerslot (and stoptech).. and as far as i am aware, dodge threw on brembo pads with dodge rotors.. which is why they squeak so DAMN MUCH!!!! lol.. i dont see much of a difference as far as pads go.. but i have notice on long drives the brakes dont seem to have gotten as ..i guess mashed as on stock rotors.. cant figure out a way to put it...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back