Brake squeal. Need advice.

68340GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brakes started to squeal. Only 17K miles. Drives me up a freekin wall. Replaced the front pads,cleaned the rotors and lubed the sliders. Still did it but not as bad. Took the rear apart. Cleaned and lubed. Didn't do it for a little while. Started again today.Hate to replace the rotors if I don't have to. Any ideas??? Thanks.

Haven't really pushed that issue very far. I'll try that again next. BTW just sent you a payment via Paypal for the shirts. Thank you very much for your efforts. I'm sure that was not an easy task.

Haven't really pushed that issue very far. I'll try that again next. BTW just sent you a payment via Paypal for the shirts. Thank you very much for your efforts. I'm sure that was not an easy task.

Thanks,
It's not, but it's worth it in the end...

I had a similar issue that I swore was brakes (something wrong). I glanced at the pads in the rear and they looked fine.
What I found later (after replacing a bunch of shit) it was actually one pad that wore funny and was barely touching the metal wear sensor... just overlooked something that I should have looked more carefully at.

My brakes started to squeal. Only 17K miles. Drives me up a freekin wall. Replaced the front pads,cleaned the rotors and lubed the sliders. Still did it but not as bad. Took the rear apart. Cleaned and lubed. Didn't do it for a little while. Started again today.Hate to replace the rotors if I don't have to. Any ideas??? Thanks.

Maybe your rotors have a little bit of glaze over them?

Mine do the same as well . I go out and deglaze the pads a couple of 60 mph to 10 mph hard braking. Works for a while then I repeat the process I will keep doing this till I need new brakes. Did you cut the rotors or just clean them that will make a big difference in seating in the new pads . If you didn't cut them the pads will be noisy till they fully seat into the old rotors and you might have noise.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back