Brake work

err76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,
Due to finding a Huge ass screw in my passenger front tire, I have decided it is time to pull off, rotate the tires, Clean out the inside's of the rims and throw some new pads on the truck. I checked the rotors front and back, no heavy groves or anything so I am assuming they are good to go.

So my question is, is there anything to expect doing the brakes on these trucks (2006 QC) and/or any special tools needed? I have a really screwed up back and want to get this done as easy as possible.

Thanks in advanced

Eric

nothing special at all.....just normal brakes 2x the size! But you really should have your rotors "turned" if your replacing the pads only buddy

Just did the brakes on my 06 rc, nothing hard about it. This was the first time doing this to mine as well, nothing complicated to it at all.

Well, The brake job was canceled. Took the tire off and found a second nail through the inside sidewall. Checked the pads and there was still a ton of life left, Unfortunately 500$ and 2 new tires later she sits.

Ooh well. Shit happens I guess.

Better you found the problem this way rather then while going down the road. Although the brake replacement would have been the cheaper of the two.

Well, The brake job was canceled. Took the tire off and found a second nail through the inside sidewall. Checked the pads and there was still a ton of life left, Unfortunately 500$ and 2 new tires later she sits.

Ooh well. Shit happens I guess.

I bought 2 new nitto 420 off ebay for 360.00 shipped.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back