Brakes & Armor All

eaglebaseball25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question i recently had a SRT-10 (soon to have another one :rock:) and the brakes started squeaking real bad. We took it to the dealership and they said it was the rotors and that they needed to be replaced. We got them replaced (about 1400 bucks) and about a week later the brakes started squeaking again so we took it back to the same dealership and they told us that they were squeaking because i had cleaned the wheels and tires and got some armor all on the rotors which was causing them to squeak. Just wanting to know if this dealership knew what they were talking about or if any of yall have had problems or heard of armor all or wheel cleaner making your brakes squeak or if they were just trying to make up some reason? Thanks

Hey guys just a quick question i recently had a SRT-10 (soon to have another one :rock:) and the brakes started squeaking real bad. We took it to the dealership and they said it was the rotors and that they needed to be replaced. We got them replaced (about 1400 bucks) and about a week later the brakes started squeaking again so we took it back to the same dealership and they told us that they were squeaking because i had cleaned the wheels and tires and got some armor all on the rotors which was causing them to squeak. Just wanting to know if this dealership knew what they were talking about or if any of yall have had problems or heard of armor all or wheel cleaner making your brakes squeak or if they were just trying to make up some reason? Thanks

The factory brakes are known to sing bad ,,, The dealer ship should know this...Mine were very noisy ,,, I just changed out to the zekhausen pads, others use the EBC pads ..... Less dust and No squeal.

are they all new oem?

if so, they're gonna squeak forever...

changing the pads to different ones will stop that...

Well i don't have this truck any more I recently bought GriffsSRT's but just wondering if i needed to worry about accidently getting wheel cleaner or tire cleaner on the rotors and it making them squeak like this dealership said or if it is ok and nothing to worry about?

I paid midas $1000 for all 4 rotors and pads and have not had a squeak in 3 years.

ahh man just heat them up and re seat them in.....once they get glazed over from normal stop and go driving they'll squeak. Rotors warp which causes a shutter in the steering wheel when the brakes are pressed. Thats usually the only thing that ever goes wrong with them. Well besides them just not being within thickness tolerance..... But just seat them in and they'll be good, when they start squeaking again heat em up again....

wow what a bunch of crap dont take your truck back there:mad:

Just wait till you see the truck you bought!!!

Man i can't wait!!! Kinda worried though because i believe the shipping truck was at Marks today and i think he went deer hunting, so im not sure whats gonna happen or if they even got the truck picked up :dontknow:

Man i can't wait!!! Kinda worried though because i believe the shipping truck was at Marks today and i think he went deer hunting, so im not sure whats gonna happen or if they even got the truck picked up :dontknow:

I heard Mark accidently shot the front windshield out :D

No way he would have left if he knew they were coming, Unless someone else was there to get it out.

No way he would have left if he knew they were coming, Unless someone else was there to get it out.

Yea man but thats the thing im not sure if the shipping company called him a day before there going to pick it up like there supposed to because they emailed me the same day and said we will pick it up later tonight so im not sure if they even called Mark like there supposed to, im just hoping maybe they still went to the house and someone was there to load it or something.

Yea man but thats the thing im not sure if the shipping company called him a day before there going to pick it up like there supposed to because they emailed me the same day and said we will pick it up later tonight so im not sure if they even called Mark like there supposed to, im just hoping maybe they still went to the house and someone was there to load it or something.

His phone will not work at his hunting camp but you can text him and he will get it when he comes off the mountain tomorrow. If you don't hear something in the morning PM me here and I will call Kristee.

His phone will not work at his hunting camp but you can text him and he will get it when he comes off the mountain tomorrow. If you don't hear something in the morning PM me here and I will call Kristee.

Alright man will do, thanks a lot

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back