Brakes

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to look at replacing my brakes. I had read that our brakes are taken from the Ram 2500 series not a the regular 1500? is this true? I dont want to go to my auto part store and have them give me the wrong discs and pads like they did for the diff. cover gasket which was under the 2500 series. Do you guys know the specs? Diameter, thickness? just to make sure i get the right ones.

Our truck use the same pads as an '08 jeep liberty.

so am i gonna have to go in there and say I need pads for an 08 Jeep Liberty & Disc Brakes for an 04 2500? lol

If you go in and say you need brakes for an 04 ram srt-10 they will sell you such. There's an option for SRT-10 in every auto parts store lookup I've ever been too.

If you go in and say you need brakes for an 04 ram srt-10 they will sell you such. There's an option for SRT-10 in every auto parts store lookup I've ever been too.

yea I know they have an option for an SRT10 sub model. But some of their parts under the Ram SRT10 category dont match. Such as the Axle Shaft Seal and Diff. Cover Gasket. Those were under an 04 Ram 2500. I just want to make sure they give me the right parts the first time.

They could give you the wrong parts just as easy by telling them the assumed machine vehicle. The brakes are visible enough you van walk outside with them and see if they match. If they give you regular ram brakes then they will look tiny.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I don't think the 8 lug rotors from a 2500 are going to fit our 5 lug hubs......

oh ok then. I also found ours are 15" O.D up front so i can always verify the O.D as well.

I bought OEM rotors from a local parts store. They had the SRT10 in their system. You will know when you pick them up just by the weight of them.

Drilled and slotted rotors

I bought front and rear drilled and slotted rotors from Rock Auto. Got the high performance dustless pads. Fit great stops terrific. They have specials all the time.:rock:

I bought front and rear drilled and slotted rotors from Rock Auto. Got the high performance dustless pads. Fit great stops terrific. They have specials all the time.:rock:

I was looking at Rock Auto as well! do you remember the part number? looks like they have two brands of Drilled and Slotted?

Might want to get on this asap if this is the route that you choose! There is a 20% discount code that you can use right on there site, but it expires TODAY!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back