BRAKES

SRT-10 OF SWEDEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELLO BOYS AND GIRLS I THANK YOU ALL FOR WELCOMING ME AND MY TRUCK TO THIS AWSOME PLACE
My question is vill frontcalibers from an 05 fitt my 04.The resson i ask is that i have a set of 05 front calibers and i dont like the lock or performance from my 04 front calibers.
:rock: :rock: :rock:
HAVE A NICE DAY FROM A VERY VINDY AND RAINY SWEDEN

(Sorry for my spelling errors):rock: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I do not believe the are interchangeable.........

Someone correct me if I'm wrong........

SD

Different set ups - not interchangeable

04 Has 3500 series calipers
05 has Brembo's

Good Luck :D

04's also use 01 2500 pads. when i needed pads the dealer told me 350!!! i went to advanced and the manager helped me match them up. they are the exact same, and you can get ceramics. they stop a whole lot better and leave almost no dust. that and they were only $63.

Stanimal said:
04's also use 01 2500 pads. when i needed pads the dealer told me 350!!! i went to advanced and the manager helped me match them up. they are the exact same, and you can get ceramics. they stop a whole lot better and leave almost no dust. that and they were only $63.
YOu can also get (for 04 models) Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Pads that do not dust at Autozone for $43. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
YOu can also get (for 04 models) Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Pads that do not dust at Autozone for $43. ;)
Dont happen to have a part number and company name do ya?

HaulinAsp said:
Dont happen to have a part number and company name do ya?
Performance Friction is the company part#'s are:

- Front 0965.20 Rear 0702.20

I've had them on for a year and a half. No squeeks and no dust. The insides of my rims still look brand spanking new. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Performance Friction is the company part#'s are:

- Front 0965.20 Rear 0702.20

I've had them on for a year and a half. No squeeks and no dust. The insides of my rims still look brand spanking new. :rock:

Thanks ! :D

I bet they'll work.
Just unbolt your 04 calipers and leave the hose conected. take the 05 calipers and see if the bolts line up on the knuckle.
Sure you'll have to get new 05 pads but I'll put money on the calipers matching up

Azmotorhead said:
I bet they'll work.
Just unbolt your 04 calipers and leave the hose conected. take the 05 calipers and see if the bolts line up on the knuckle.
Sure you'll have to get new 05 pads but I'll put money on the calipers matching up

Thanks i wil se if i have the time to do it this weekend.

I can tell you for 100% fact that you can put them on. I have done it with '06 calipers (which are the same as '05). The only thing you have to do is grind off the banjo fitting stop. They were a direct bolt on, even using the same mounting bolts. They are a vast inprovement over the stock '04 front calipers. I bought my setup with the '06 pads. You'll be extreamly pleased with this mod. :top:

Good Luck,
Jim

Hello brothers and sisters.......
I have finally got the time to se if i could swap my front calibers to 05 calibers.They do fit.It relly easy to do the swap it is an true bolt on operation.
All you need i basic hand tools.It took me about 2 hours to do it.And i hade the time to smoke an cigar....:D :D :D :D
I only hade time to do an short test drive but it feelt like i hade more braking power and they look alot better.I can relly recomend everybody who has the 04 brakes to do the swap.
If somebody wants me to i can post the part numbers
I would like to thank Jim how told me that it could be done..

Stefan

Attachments

• IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 59
Stefan,

Glad to see you got this done. It's one of my favorite mods to my truck. Did you grind off the banjo fitting stop?

Congrats,
Jim

spdrcrj said:
Stefan,

Glad to see you got this done. It's one of my favorite mods to my truck. Did you grind off the banjo fitting stop?

Congrats,
Jim

No Jim i dident there was no need to. But i had to adjust the brake line..
Once again thanks Jim...:rock: :rock:

Stefan

SRT-10 OF SWEDEN said:
No Jim i dident there was no need to. But i had to adjust the brake line..
Once again thanks Jim...:rock: :rock:

Stefan

No problem. Sounds like your install went even better than mine. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back