Break In?

wakeboard13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck now has 500 miles on it and i desperatly want to take it to the drags. but before i do that i was wondering if i should wait until i have a few more miles on it or what. my thoery on breaking in motors has always been to drive like they are gonna be driven every day and i have nevr had problems with that. and dont any of you tell me that you waited 1000 miles to see what your truck could do cause i won't beleive it.

wakeboard13 said:
... and dont any of you tell me that you waited 1000 miles to see what your truck could do cause i won't beleive it.

Hahahahha!!! Got this group figured out already, dontcha!?

Drive it like you stole it...then let the mods begin! Every mile will be a thrill.

wakeboard13 said:
my truck now has 500 miles on it and i desperatly want to take it to the drags. but before i do that i was wondering if i should wait until i have a few more miles on it or what. my thoery on breaking in motors has always been to drive like they are gonna be driven every day and i have nevr had problems with that. and dont any of you tell me that you waited 1000 miles to see what your truck could do cause i won't beleive it.

I think mine had 800 miles or so when she made her first pass at the track.

not at the track but i hit mine on the way home from the dealer

I don't know who broke mine in, or how, but I know I love to DILYSI!

Almost got busted tonight on my way home too!!! Whew! closest call yet!

I would get on in occaisionally before 500. Ironically I was cruising with another SRT10 when I rolled over 500 and then I started to fly.

I went to the track the first time with just over 1000 miles.

Go ahead and take it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Prof said:
Drive it like you stole it...then let the mods begin! Every mile will be a thrill.

What he said...... Listen to the Professor........ He's an educator.....

SD

480 miles and then all hell broke loose on my truck :D Giver hell and have fun. The 500 miles is for the clutch, just dont hot lap it and you will be fine ;)

Hell I drive the shit out of mine from stoplight to stoplight and from stop sign to stop sign:burnout: (when I do drive it) ......plus I put the S/C on when it had about 1500 miles:cool: .....that was a year ago and it just turned 3000 miles on the way back from Boomers today:D

If I remember my expert opinions correctly, One should not break any machine parts in by running them the same speed or rpm. This will cause them to wear excessively in one place on the part itself.

Conversely, varying rpms and speeds widely is supposed to wear the parts (more evenly) and thus break them in ideally.....

That's what I've heard from engineers anyway......

I just get in and drive the shit out of it....In other words....normal Django driving.

SD

Silent D said:
If I remember my expert opinions correctly, One should not break any machine parts in by running them the same speed or rpm. This will cause them to wear excessively in one place on the part itself.

Conversely, varying rpms and speeds widely is supposed to wear the parts (more evenly) and thus break them in ideally.....

That's what I've heard from engineers anyway......

I just get in and drive the shit out of it....In other words....normal Django driving.

SD
yeah that is what i've always done ride it all rpm ranges high and low with quads and i never had a problem but im to patient to wait to see what my motor can do no matter what motor that is.

Hell I did a smoken burn off in the dealer lot and then ran it up to 110 on the way home been that way ever since.
Oh did I mention I got a 72 in a const. zone (9pm no crew)on the 3rd day I had it, Ouch,350.00 all I could think was There goes a mod.
Didnt say I was smart.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back